Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I'm looking to grab the Borla exhaust system. However, I read on this forum that because the pipe Width is only 2.25" that if you wanted to start modifying your engine with some serious hardware the pipes are too small to handle the extra push, and you would actually start to lose horsepower.
Is this correct?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
if you have heads and a cam then, possibly.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
i dont think you would ever LOSE power. i'm sure the borla system flows way better than stock does. sometimes having a smaller diameter pipe is a good thing because it keeps the velocity of the exhaust gas higher. at low RPM's a smaller diameter is benificial because your engine isnt making much exhaust and so if you have 3 inch pipes on there the exhaust will cool off and slow down before it exits (thats bad). however at high rpms when your engine is making a crap load of exhaust it's better to have a bigger pipe so you dont have restriction. so in other words, your peak hp might be hurt a little bit, but overall the borla is still a good upgrade.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update

Hey Guys,

FYI: Just got off the phone with the people from Borla. The Borla 140125 is actually 2.5" in diameter. It is the other, more tame Borla system that is 2.25. Anyways, just thought I should clear that up.

So I don't think anyone has to worry about losing out on performance with this model.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i just saw this....yeah 2.5" and i really don't think the exhaust has slowed me down. it is as close to a straight pipe as you can get as far as i am concerned. when i stomp on the gas people drop to the ground (ok, not really, but there sure is a whole lotta neck snapping!)

i have had more windows roll down next to me to yell out how great she sounds than i can count.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts