Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was excited when fedex delivered my borla 125's but I noticed that the box was ripped about 4 inches on the side. I didn't get overly concerned as I figured there would be a lot of padding inside. I bought these brand new and inside there was a ton of "pillow like" foam. As I started taking the pieces out I noticed that everything was fine except one pipe where the hole was kind of "smushed" in a little on the top.

My common sense tells me this doesn't look like enough damage to cause concern but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask people here with much more knowledge. Is this something I should be concerned about or request an RMA for? I was already told if the damage is a problem I could get an RMA with no problem. Of course i'd have to wait another week or so to get another setup.

I know some people feel like if they buy something brand new it should not have a scratch on it..i'm not that way..i've dealt with FEDEX and UPS way too often. My mufflers themself don't have any dents and I haven't completely removed the chrome tips from the bubble wrap they are covered in but those look to be in perfect shape from what I can see.

With that being said, does this damage to the one pipe/hole look like it would be a problem with either the install or could I have any other issues?

Like I said, I'm thinking (common sense) wise that this shouldn't be a problem as the damage doesn't appear to be that bad, but I had to ask before I setup an appt. and go to be surprised when the installer says the bend can cause issues.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

By the way, it's the pipe on the left hand side (probably obvious). The one in the back is fine and the one on the right is fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks fellas for the reply...I was hoping a tool could do the trick or have a somewhat simple fix -- if I RMA'd that...it couldn't just be that one piece...it would have to be the entire package so that woulda been a pain.
Thanks for the advice and info.

TBY, I was reading in another thread the other day you were thinking of getting the Mopar Headers...did you pull the trigger and order? If so...SWEEET man. :grin:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey sublime, how are ya man? I got the referreral of who to buy them from by CiscoKid -- guy had nearly flawless feedback (ebay) and had the best price I could find ANYWHERE. I already made him aware and he told me not to sweat it. He said fedex was probably a little rough with the package...it had a ton of foam cushioning in there too....fortunately there is no dent or damage to the mufflers or from what I can see..from the chrome tips but I haven't removed the bubble wrap from those completely.

He said if the damage was that bad or if I wanted to return them just based on the one pipe you see there, I could RMA them for a new system. It came in a borla long box that appeared to be factory sealed. My mufflers also had quite a bit of scratching...but I don't think I should be overly concerned with that because i'd guess over time the scratching will get worse anyway....as long as those chrome tips are 100% good, then I'll just get this bad boy installed without thought.

Just curious though if anyone else's mufflers were scratched up or had any pipes bent when they got their 125's?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.