Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got them installed today by a guy locally -- he only charged me $60 -- but I gave him $80 as it took him just over an hour and he used an electric machine to bend the one or two holes in the pipe in place as others here stated they could do. The pipes themself had no damage, the mufflers had no dents or damage other then some scratches, the bolts were in perfect condition and not a single scratch on the tips. I didn't remove the bubble wrap until the pipe/tips were on and fastened.

I love the sound and so did the installer. They SELL and install flowmaster and magnaflow primarily but after my system was installed the sound was so good the guy actually called his body from the tire center 2 shops over to come listen...neither of them could believe how sweet the borla's sounded. That alone told me I made the right decision with Borla..especially considering they SELL magnaflow and flowmaster..lmao.

The sound is deeper when accelerating up to about 20mph, and there is virtually no cabin noise when cruising with the foot off the accelerator or on the freeway....but you get a nice growl when accelerating from stop -- I'm pumped and I have to thank EVERYONE here for the advice and suggestions which I clearly used -- I don't ask opinions and do my own thing...my homework and the general consensus was Borla...that's what I went with and i'm stoked ---

I'll post pictures later tonight! --- thanks again!

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
awesome bro! Glad you like em! Don't forget to post sound clips too :grin:

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Yes!!!!!!!!!

Hope you understood what I said about the Mopar.......??? glad you went with Borla!!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ZZ,

yes man, I understand exactly what you said about the Mopar.... if and when I do decide to upgrade my headers I'll probably go with the MOPAR OEM ones as well. The same guy said he'd charge me $80 to install those -- he just has to remove the manifold.

That guy was good and clearly had done this before -- he had my old exhaust off in no time and he told me to hold my resonators...they were like 40lbs man on the pipe...ridiculously heavy -- so to get rid of that crappy muffler setup all together was like removing "dead weight" -- it may be my imagination but I feel a pretty significant power increase too -- I love the way she sounds and runs and i'll definitely post the pics tonight.

The guy also made sure that both sides were even and one didn't hang lowe rthen the other like the issue some people had where the driver's side was hanging lower. When he was done the setup was so tight it was crazy -- he had me go under the car and inspect everything -- and as I said when I fired her up he just smiled and was so impressed he went over to his buddy 2 stores over who has a tire shop and had him come listen to them -- they both were impressed.

Like I said, they sell and install magnaflow and flowmaster and for THEM to be impressed that said a lot! I think that was the first "Borla" system the guy did and I'm sure after that they may start working on becoming an authorized borla reseller...lol.

Thanks again for every bit of the info provided. I have PM'd a couple of people on the forum and the responses and help are so fast it's almost like it's a paid service. There are a lot of good people here man....and I hope I can help some in the near future with issues i've experienced to give back.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I think I'm ready for the 125's myself. Been listening and looking since i bought my car. Where did you order yours from? I am searching for dealers on google on my desk PC as we speak. PM price if you don't want to post publicly..... Thanks Jim

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Man those look fat!!!

Great look, I know the sound is great and the more miles you put on them the better it gets.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I'll probably go with the MOPAR OEM ones as well. The same guy said he'd charge me $80 to install those -- he just has to remove the manifold.
Just an FYI, he might not know what he's up against here as most people
are quoted $400-$600. It's at least a 4-5 hour job.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
smoke, thanks for heads up. I was under the car and he showed me where the headers were but you are right -- he may not realize it is more complicated on my car then it seems. I will say most people were paying between $100-$200 from what i read to install their Borla's -- this guy (off the books, no receipt, no tax) charged me $60 -- I gave him $80 because he did one hell of a job and didn't charge me anything additional for straightening out those holes that got a little bent.

That machine is pretty insane -- just put the pipe over the machine and in literally 2 seconds it looks like brand new..lol.

Still, if that quote is coming from the dealer, he will probably do it for half that (cash, off the books) ....I just don't know if I need headers - - I don't race and am still not sure the full benefit of them vs. stock for someone like me who doesn't race.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BigJim

I have to thank CiscoKid for the hookup -- I went through an authorized Borla Dealer -- a guy who sells the Borlas. PM me for his info as I don't want to advertise on the forums. I did about 2 hours of searching and the BEST price I found was $820 shipped. Most other places wanted between $850-$1100.

I got them for $790 shipped as did CiscoKid. The guy shipped the SAME DAY I paid and I got the Borla's in 1 day. WE are both in CA. but still, that was excelent service. When I wrote to tell him about the one pipe "hole" that got pushed in a little ..without hesitation he told me he'd RMA them for me if I wanted to...no hassle at all.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I love my 125s! I got them for 820 shipped, but youre right i have seen them for over 1000.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Where did you guys get the deal from. Come on save me some time so I don't have to do the surfing on the internet. Can you pm me. Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.