Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My birthday is coming soon and I was thinking about treating my R\T to some 125's. I would like to know if they are worth it, or if there is any other exhaust systems that are as good. I'm looking for a nice smooth sound that won't wake the neighbors when my car is idling, but can be loud when needed. Thanks

·
Registered
526 Posts
Me too, trying to chose between borla and corsa. bump for forum input...

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Corsa, Zoomers, Billyboat are all neighbor friendly. Zoomers being the most obnoxious but still nothing compared to SLP, JBA, etc..

If you really want a tame idle, just get the Corsa. Some ppl have switched numerous exhausts just to end up with that one. I had Corsa on my RT and the idle was too tame. However, WOT was incredibly loud. I have never heard billyboat in person, but always hear/read good things and it looks quite tame.

The 5" Tips on the Borla take some getting used to. At first they looked out of place to me (like a big diesle truck exhaust) but have grown to like them.

Consider e-cutouts for ultimate control.

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have to agree with Flex
The 125 set is AWESOME.. at cold start might be alittle loud for a few seconds..
but its a nice sound during idle but a BAD ASS sound once you floor it..

The 5in tips.. ARE TO DIE FOR.. They look AWESOME.

You stated
I'm looking for a nice smooth sound that won't wake the neighbors when my car is idling, but can be loud when needed.

This was my reason for buying the Borla 125

·
Registered
264 Posts
The 125 is one of the smoothest more aggressive sounding exhausts for the 5.7. Its not nearly as loud as people make it out to be but has a commanding tone to it and is absolutely nuts at wide open throttle.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Been running 125 for about 4 years now and love them.

·
Registered
555 Posts
This was the first Mod I did and I can tell you it was the best mod by FAR! I've heard Corsa's, Zoomers, etc...none of them are in the 125's league and i'm not saying that b/c I own them...im saying that b/c for 2.5 years they've given me serious bliss when I floor it.

They look great, I call 'em the Borla CANONS with those big 5'' pipes in the back and they are powerful and CLEAN when you floor it but at idel or on the freeway they are quiet as a mouse. That is what I wanted as on long trips, etc, I didnt want to get a migraine from Exhaust noise.

I also thought about electric cut outs but that was just serious over kill IMO...even though they are controlled with a button/switch.......and there were too many mechanical issues for most anyway. Even with no issues I thought the cutouts were overkill and the Borla's are so loud and clean...at least the 125s.

Point is...you will NOT be disappointed.

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
I had a Borla on my Hemi Durango and loved it!
Flex.. I too am looking at the Borla's 125's on my RT and I was wondering about the 5 in. tips under the rear fascia? is there enough clearance for the heat?
I know lots of people that have them and there are no issues that I have heard of with the heat causing warping or paint damage.

I have the SRT diffuser, so there is even less clearance, and no issues.

-=FLEX=-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts