Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Godaddy(i think it was you), had said in a thread in the last couple of days, that the 125's area bolt on system, but you said you were going to be keeping them, so you were going to have them welded up. When I get my Charger im going w/ the 125 setup, if im paying the money for them should i go head and weld them up right away?? Also will this do much for performance and sound having them welded versus not welded??

Thanks for your help, AGAIN, you guys are the greatest!!!

Chargers Forever!!!!
Luke

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
the only reason i want to weld them at all is so they can't be knocked loose b/c my car is so low....no peformance gains or lost - more piece of mind that they won't get knocked around....

the only reason i haven't welded them is b/c i am going with the headers and the exhaust will come down to get the headers up.....

did this help at all, if not give me a yell

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks GoDaddy,

Yea that helped one more thing, in your opinion, im not lowering my car like you did. Is it better to weld or not to weld??

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
it seems everytime i have done something it is aggressive oriented.....i have only bottomed out once in like 5000 plus miles and it knocked the exhaust loose...in my cars defense, she was packed to the brim with kids, dogs and every possession we could fit in the car......we were also in tennessee and the hills roll something fierce.

go with the eibach prokit or mopar springs until they come out with dampers that work with the sportine....or go big and get the kwcoilovers!

as far as the exhuast - it rocks and you can't go wrong if you want an aggressive sound to the hemi!

·
Registered
202 Posts
unless you're goin balls out like godaddy, i wouldnt weld. when a piece rusts out, or a cat goes bad, its going to be 10 times the headache to do the repair if everything is welded together. there's really no reason for it. like godaddy said, he's simply doing it for piece of mind. plus, he sounds like he has the ability to deal with said headaches, should problems arise. if everything is bolted together correctly, you should really have no problems.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Of The Moonlight said:
unless you're goin balls out like godaddy, i wouldnt weld. when a piece rusts out, or a cat goes bad, its going to be 10 times the headache to do the repair if everything is welded together. there's really no reason for it. like godaddy said, he's simply doing it for piece of mind. plus, he sounds like he has the ability to deal with said headaches, should problems arise. if everything is bolted together correctly, you should really have no problems.
i aggree to disaggree....lol yeah it is for my piece of mind...but i plan on having it spot welded (or tack...not sure what they call it but just two spots on each connection - so they will come off fairly easy when i need to change out parts) and i pray i don't have to take them off after the headers for years and years and years to come.....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey GoDaddy, can u clear something up for me, I went to the Dodge dealer today and talked about pricing on the Borla 125, well he quoted me a price and gave me a part #, the part # is 82209611, is this correct?? Someone on here posted the Mopar part # for the 125's just curious if this is the right part# for thr Borla 125's???

Thanks!!

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
ChargerF18 said:
Hey GoDaddy, can u clear something up for me, I went to the Dodge dealer today and talked about pricing on the Borla 125, well he quoted me a price and gave me a part #, the part # is 82209611, is this correct?? Someone on here posted the Mopar part # for the 125's just curious if this is the right part# for thr Borla 125's???

Thanks!!
i don't think these are the 125s. you will have to go aftermarket for the 125s. that is probably for the 112s or mopars version of the 112s. this is the cheapest i have seen the 125s and these guys are great for customer service. give them a call. just remember - 125s = no resinators and aggressive sound (i love them, just want to warn you) 112s - less aggressive and quieter but nice sound. happy hunting!

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2692

·
Registered
57 Posts
ChargerF18,
I agree with GoDaddy, I got the same set up he has.You'll love em, and look around the internet for the best deals.Mine are not welded and have not had any problems so I dont see the need to have them welded, and I'm too much of a cheap bastard! Good luck.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Bad_24_7 said:
ChargerF18,
I agree with GoDaddy, I got the same set up he has.You'll love em, and look around the internet for the best deals.Mine are not welded and have not had any problems so I dont see the need to have them welded, and I'm too much of a cheap bastard! Good luck.
i am not sure about welding either....i am doing my headers in a few weeks so......... we shall see, but probably not. also seriously considering putting my car back to stock height. damn it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
GoDaddy said:
i am not sure about welding either....i am doing my headers in a few weeks so......... we shall see, but probably not. also seriously considering putting my car back to stock height. damn it.
i dont know how you do it man, mine is not lowered at all and i've hit bottom on a few inclines, the tips rub! maybe the slopes were too steep.i looks so good lowered though!

·
Registered
57 Posts
ChargerF18 said:

Thanks!!
Hey ChargerF18, out of topic, but FYI Blue Angels are comming to MCAS Miramar San Diego this weekend, those airshows rock!

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Bad_24_7 said:
i dont know how you do it man, mine is not lowered at all and i've hit bottom on a few inclines, the tips rub! maybe the slopes were too steep.i looks so good lowered though!
i know i know i know - it looks awesome but the spring rate just isn't there for me. if i could throw some aftermarket shocks on that would be great, but none available....and all of my latest money went to headers...maybe in a few months i can get the kwcoilovers. but damn 1700 for shocks and springs...damn.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GoDaddy and Bad_24_7, thanks for the info. Cant wait to get the exhaust on, stock exhaust is WAY to quiet for my taste!!!! :D Ans also, Bad_24_7 speaking of the MCAS Miramar airshow in San Diego, im going cant wait, besides my car, military aviation is my passion and hobby!! Are you going??

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bad_24_7, I just noticed your a MARINE, disreguard my last question. I would just like to say THANK YOU FOR PROTECTING OUR WAY OF LIFE!!! Also anyway we could meet up, I would love to hear the 125's in person?? My parents and I will be in San Diego on Thurs. night?? Let me know!!

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
ChargerF18 said:
Bad_24_7, I just noticed your a MARINE, disreguard my last question. I would just like to say THANK YOU FOR PROTECTING OUR WAY OF LIFE!!! Also anyway we could meet up, I would love to hear the 125's in person?? My parents and I will be in San Diego on Thurs. night?? Let me know!!

Thanks again!!
I just shot you a PM, it would be great if you could hear and see the Borlas before you purchase, I can even give you a ride so you can check the noise in the cabin, which to me is nothing! If we meet up during the airshow, I can hook you up with great parking and maybe even VIP tour of the base, anything for a fellow Charger lover! Semper Fi!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts