Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Members ,

i just installed my Borla 112 on my 2007 dodge charger R/T.

the sound is good. but my engines sounds much more than my exhaust. anyways my point is that i found out that the 112 got borla resos. so is it possible i can remove it and install straight pipes instead of the resos and dont get check engine or any problem ??

i dont wanna goto borlas 1125 .

thank you

your help is much appreciated :)

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
You won't throw a code. Understand the system is designed to sound a specific way and that design includes the resonators. Ultimately, worst case scenario, you pay $20 for straight pipes and don't like it and have the resonators put back on. I think it will probably sound fine without resonators, so go ahead and chop them off. Just make sure you get them back from the shop in case you do want to put them back on. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You won't throw a code. Understand the system is designed to sound a specific way and that design includes the resonators. Ultimately, worst case scenario, you pay $20 for straight pipes and don't like it and have the resonators put back on. I think it will probably sound fine without resonators, so go ahead and chop them off. Just make sure you get them back from the shop in case you do want to put them back on. :bigthumb:
Thank you ... that seems like a good deal :)

by the way whats the best predator tune for my 5.7l ULTRA fuel and CAI and exhaust borla ?

thanks

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Thank you ... that seems like a good deal :)

by the way whats the best predator tune for my 5.7l ULTRA fuel and CAI and exhaust borla ?

thanks
No idea what "ULTRA" fuel is. Whatever octane fuel it is, use that octane CAI tune. In the US, 93 octane is the most you can buy at the local gas station, which is the most you can tune a car to on a stock tune.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts