Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on going back out to the Salt Flats in Sept . during the Week of Speed (wanna say its like 7-14th basically held by the USFRA (https://saltflats.com/).

I was wanting to gauge interest in anyone here in either caravaning out, or joining up there. I live in Chattanooga TN and will be possibly taking the straightest route there (two day trip, first leg 1100 miles approx)

I also plan on, besides being part of a race team- running in the 130mph Club to gain myself a hat and cool sticker. Figured some of you may be interested in this as well.

So, is there anyone here with any interest in this? Any Questions?

Here are some photos to least have eye candy here
Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle

Rainbow Sky Cloud Natural landscape Tree

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow. No interest, Not even any discussion.

·
Registered
9,055 Posts
I once ran about 127 in my '07 SXT/AWD once. It rode surprisingly well, too. :)
*Professional driver on a closed course, etc., etc.

Mods at the time were intake, exhaust, Pedders suspension, tires and Johan e-mail tune.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Sounds amazing I think it would be so much fun. Maybe I can do stuff like this when my kids are older but wouldn't imagine it now :(

Off topic, we took a road trip down to Florida in June and stopped in Franklin on the way down and spent two nights in Chattanooga on the way back. We liked Chattanooga more than we thought we would. Stayed near the bottom of the incline railroad I think St. Elmo neighborhood.

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds amazing I think it would be so much fun. Maybe I can do stuff like this when my kids are older but wouldn't imagine it now :(

Off topic, we took a road trip down to Florida in June and stopped in Franklin on the way down and spent two nights in Chattanooga on the way back. We liked Chattanooga more than we thought we would. Stayed near the bottom of the incline railroad I think St. Elmo neighborhood.
St. Elmo is nice. Kinda like a huge HOA to keep rustic look the look more.

I enjoy Chattanooga. It's a bigger city but def does not feel it's size. I live kinda close to downtown (10 min drive) but compared to other cities it does not feel that way which I enjoy the most)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
St. Elmo is nice. Kinda like a huge HOA to keep rustic look the look more.

I enjoy Chattanooga. It's a bigger city but def does not feel it's size. I live kinda close to downtown (10 min drive) but compared to other cities it does not feel that way which I enjoy the most)
I'm used to Chicago which is such a "city of neighborhoods" that I'm used to having different vibes even a few blocks apart!

We just wanted to break up the drive so spent an extra day doing the touristy stuff like Rock City and Lookout Mountain. We did eat downtown and wander around the river front. They were setting up for a big Triathalon and there was some outdoor music going on.

Reactions: Ron380 and CE9311

·
Registered
186 Posts
That would be a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I live all the way across the country, but maybe one day in the future I'll make the trip!

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun and we are planning a trip to the desert property outside Kingman in September, in the Jeep. I'll talk to the Mrs and see if she would like to make a side trip north to the flats to spectate. I believe we just need to roll up Hwy 93 from Kingman through Vegas and keep going north to Wendover.

Edit: Can only make it to the flats on the 8th. Made reservations @ Best Western on Wendover Blvd. Arrive evening of the 7th, checking out the 9th.

Reactions: Ron380

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That would be a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I live all the way across the country, but maybe one day in the future I'll make the trip!
Im driving from Tenn in a cop car with 170K miles!

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds like a lot of fun and we are planning a trip to the desert property outside Kingman in September, in the Jeep. I'll talk to the Mrs and see if she would like to make a side trip north to the flats to spectate. I believe we just need to roll up Hwy 93 from Kingman through Vegas and keep going north to Wendover.
93, if it is what we took last year is a nice trip. So really open stretches.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
If you drove west on I-40 from Tenn, I would guess that you drove to Kingman and went north on 93. It is a nice drive

In fact we will drive from WFalls to Amarillo and catch I-40 west to Kingman for our property check.

If I drive due north to Colorado to I-70 and head west, we tend to make to many stops at Starbucks and Starbuds for the good shit and then drive in circles. Im JUST Kidding.

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you drove west on I-40 from Tenn, I would guess that you drove to Kingman and went north on 93. It is a nice drive

In fact we will drive from WFalls to Amarillo and catch I-40 west to Kingman for our property check.

If I drive due north to Colorado to I-70 and head west, we tend to make to many stops at Starbucks and Starbuds for the good shit and then drive in circles. Im JUST Kidding.
Past two time I've done I-40. I typcially make it to Amarillo first day so I can have a Steak breakfast the next one. Hit up Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Head north. First time I with up and took 70 back across. Last time I went I 80 which was a wonderful drive.

First trip out I manged to pencil in a stop at the VLA for photos.

Wheel Tire Sky Land vehicle Car

Reactions: Ron380 and ONEZ ST
1 - 13 of 13 Posts