Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I got the jba shorty headers and I've ordered the mopar gaskets as well because I know the jba gaskets are garbage, but which aftermarket header bolts do you guys buy? I know the bolts jba gives you aren't good as well so I figured I'd go aftermarket with those too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Do not know that you can get the 6.1 bolts from an aftermarket vendor. Never saw them. I went with the stage 8 knowing I would never have to go back and tighten them down. Small diff in price considering the PITA it is doing the install. Or having to go back and tighten them down. Just my two cents, or nickel with the way things are now. LOL

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Stage 8 for me with the shorties..........now removing them does suck and then trying to install them with long tubes on the car impossible!

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I read somewhere on here that there are a total of 17 bolts needed and one metal spacer sheet.

Here you go.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-108243.html

My local dealer was charging $1.85 per bolt which would be okay if I weren't ordering parts from an online site that does free shipping on all the other items I am still purchasing.

·
Registered
69 Posts
So jba didn't provide me with that spacer when I bought my headers?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
From what I read on that previous post it should come with it. I haven't even opened the boxes for my parts yet so I cannot assure you. Read the post and compare what you have in your shipment for more clarification.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
6.1 header bolts are mkre than plenty and when used with a factory gasket will never loosen.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Just received my titanium coated JBA shorty headers. I can't remember which gasket I'm supposed to order. Is it the 6.1 gasket or is it the 5.7 gasket? I have an '09 R/T.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts