1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5 x 114.3 (4.50) Bolt Pattern
5 x 4.5(115) Bolt Pattern

Can both be used on the charger??
I see them both advertised all the time.

HELP!!
Jason :)

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
jayman4911 said:
5 x 114.3 (4.50) Bolt Pattern
5 x 4.5(115) Bolt Pattern

Can both be used on the charger??
I see them both advertised all the time.

HELP!!
Jason :)
YEP!! either one will work fine Jason!! :happy:

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
5X115 is the correct bolt pattern.... both will "fit", but many have said expect issues with the 114.3 pattern....

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
:happy: :happy:
DAYTONA_R/T said:
5X115 is the correct bolt pattern.... both will "fit", but many have said expect issues with the 114.3 pattern....
My next door neighbor has owned a tire shop for over 30 yrs. and he says the only difference with a bolt pattern that close is just ever so slightly less play between the studs before the lug nuts are put on and then it all centers up. Major difference's will cause problems. :happy: :happy:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I've been in the tire and wheel business for about 15 years now, when GM introduced the "w" body cars ( grand prix, monte carlo etc.) they were the first to have a 5-115 bolt pattern. At that time there were no wheels available in that size...wheel manufacturers told us that the 5-114.3 would fit just fine...WRONG!! A few wheel offs and many vibration complaints later, you started to see 5-115 wheels being produced. Can I say with certainty that if you put on a 5-114.3 wheel that it will fall off? No... But, can you tell me with certainty that it won't...Let me put it to you another way, would you use a CAI that was designed for a mustang on your charger? Would you use a chip for a 'vette etc...The answer is no, you wouldn't...I personally wouldn't let anyone talk me into putting something on my car that wasn't designed for it....

·
Registered
382 Posts
5x115 is the correct bolt pattern as other here have said. Check in the Wheel & Tires forum over on www.lxforums.com, I think there's a thread about 5x114.3 over there from some of the Magnum owners.

Some other numbers you may need:

Offset Range: 15 - 22
Size Range: 18 x 7.5 - 22 x 9.5

1 - 8 of 8 Posts