Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well i tried some qb oil this week and some aces 4 and my few oz of steering additive and let me share my experiences with only 40 miles on the car so far.

a/ What the hell? The engine got so quite on the way home i had to pull over and make sure someone didnt put my stock exhaust back on

b/ the in town mileage is already up a little bit. I'm averaging about 100 mpg. I once again got completely frustrated , pulled over and opened my hood to make sure someone didnt swap my hemi with a two mode prius engine

c/With my cammed car i've always had difficutly making hard turns at low rpm. As the idle lobes in and out of vacuum the car has sometimes killed itself during parking lot manuevers. It has not done this in several attempts today. I got pissed off and took the cam back out to make sure it was still in there and to my excitement it was.

By now i hope you can tell i'm being ironic and have nothing but good things to say :grin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s74tYnqnBM

Honestly it feels like the car is stock again. . . right up til i mash the pedal :lol: I feel a lot safer hitting the road for a 1600 mile round trip now and thank you brian, for the time and effort you put into this site and your products

:bigthumb:

p.s. sorry bout the thread title but i wanted the thread to get read :grin:

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Seeing as how i made the decision to switch....this is good to know wicked. I believe it even more coming from you as you know your stuff. I always get a good laugh anymore seeing as how we hated each other for a minute....your good people and i`m glad we get along now.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Eh wickid hates everyone at first...

I already trusted bnd's product but black is right coming from you Nick I've got no doubts at all. I'm about 1500mi away from a qb oil change.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Thanks wicked. And yes coming from you it means a lot. I got the aces 4 to try as soon as the gas tank gets low.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Wicked claims to be a turtle......shhhhh...he's really Batman!
When Batman speaks, Robin listens....Looks like I'm calling Brian when I'm due for an oil change.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
I think he secretly pulled his fuses and is blaming brian instead, LOL. I just finished off most of the Mobile 1 I bought on sale, so the next oil change may be some of Brian's magic oil.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seeing as how i made the decision to switch....this is good to know wicked. I believe it even more coming from you as you know your stuff. I always get a good laugh anymore seeing as how we hated each other for a minute....your good people and i`m glad we get along now.
Ya, i dont know what we bumped heads on but who cares. Thats life. Hard to decifer emotion and intent through the internet

Eh wickid hates everyone at first...

I already trusted bnd's product but black is right coming from you Nick I've got no doubts at all. I'm about 1500mi away from a qb oil change.
i kinda do hate everyone at first dont i? :lol:

Thanks wicked. And yes coming from you it means a lot. I got the aces 4 to try as soon as the gas tank gets low.
why thank you

Wicked claims to be a turtle......shhhhh...he's really Batman!
When Batman speaks, Robin listens....Looks like I'm calling Brian when I'm due for an oil change.
i'd only be batman for the excuse to wear my underwear outside of my pants
:grin:

I think he secretly pulled his fuses and is blaming brian instead, LOL. I just finished off most of the Mobile 1 I bought on sale, so the next oil change may be some of Brian's magic oil.

your lucky your not coming to ohio young man. You'll come back to your car and the whole ipm will be missing :grin:

No honestly guys , i've really only had the stuff in about 40 miles and i can tell a difference. Its honestly taken a lot of the cons you get from a catback exhaust and no cats on a mds enabled car, and cammed car and really makes them a non issue. You always get a con or two with the pros you get from aftermarket parts and its nice to feel like the car is a true muscle car again without the oddball noises and grunts. Its like i traded my dodge for a chrysler with less wiring.
I'm a huge skeptic and as you know i dont let a lot of vendors blow smoke up my shell without giving them a run for their money. I tested brians knowledge a bit when he first got on here as i test most vendors to see if there is shadiness in trying to make a quick buck off people or if there is actually something there. I have to admit that because of brad (4rdeater) and chuck (cherry) who are good buddies of mine recommending it, i was already perked up about it a little. Well i called brian one day and after about an hour on the phone and talking back and forth on here, not only did i feel his passion for the product, but i could feel the passion for the automobile industry as a whole. When someone gets ticked off, like me, when people dont always listen to common sense on the forum, it shows that there is a bit of feeling by spending hours on here trying to help people and not just a passion to rip someone off for 5$. He is someone i've seen bouncing from thread to thread helping people with questions without always throwing a sales pitch in their face. There's a lot of good people on here that i'm friends with, and when they asked questions i stood up and took notice to see his answers at first to see if i agreed or if any swindling was going on and i've never seen it.

Like billet tech, even though i'm broke as a joke, when someone comes on here, helps my friends and other forum members , without always trying to make a buck. I gotta stand up and support them back anyway i know how.

This is one of those things thats hard to fit into the budget but for the piece of mind and satisfaction that every member on here has had, its worth every penny. Even without brian throwing up one of his math posts about how you can save 10 cents per gallon x 192 gallons x89 octane x10000 mile things he always does :bigthumb:

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i used to do this with royal purple for about 5 min to get every drop of oil i could from my 6 bucks a qt.
I let this one sit there for over a half hour :grin:

·
Premium Member
3,971 Posts
I'll confess that I'm always very quiet when Brian shows up in Ye Randome Thread and hawks his wares. I'm a skeptic by nature and if it isn't measured and documented by unbiased reproducible tests, it's (probably) not true. Miracle oil sounds like... well.. miracle oil. Worse, I'm simply not in the market for performance-enhancing fluids. I don't currently need a Predator or a cam or anything else.

That all being said... I generally trust wicked to be at least as skeptical and analytical (to the point of a fault sometimes) on whatever topic he engages. For him to trumpet praise at least makes me take notice. It won't land a sale with me because of my lack of need, but a reputable forum member's praise goes a long way in my book. It's not as good as cold hard documentation, but it makes me think twice.

Oh, and I only noticed this thread because of the unique title, as I was browsing down to the Billet Tech section. So the title choice was good advertisement as well.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Hehehe .... you kinda had me going there at first .... :lol:

My QB 8w35 oil (no MDS in my ride so I'm getting 8w35 instead of the usual-for-HEMI's 7.5W23 QB offering :) ) is waiting to be poured-in still .... :)

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Hehehe .... you kinda had me going there at first .... :lol:

My QB 8w35 oil (no MDS in my ride so I'm getting 8w35 instead of the usual-for-HEMI's 7.5W23 QB offering :) ) is waiting to be poured-in still .... :)
what are you waiting for...

already:cowsmile:

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
what are you waiting for...

already:cowsmile:
Some time off :)

I'm working every day about 11 hrs a day, this Sat I'm working, then next Sat I'm moving ...

I'm hoping to have the oil changed and the high flow cats installed the following Saturday ... so it's gonna be August before I have it all done ... :(

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Nice wicked. at first i was like WTF - for once i dont agree. then i read the actual post and was like yea were on the same page. the QB is just common sense, an oil that is specificly engineered for your vehicle, you location, and your engine adjustments! you cant hope for that kind of mix with any off the shelf brand. and the ACES - for me it was like adding a predator tune to a predator tune. remember that feeling when we first installed our pred tunes? well for me adding aces to the mix was like haveing that feeling all over again on top of the tune! THANK YOU BRIAN! and yes this is finally hope we can believe in! ;)

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Those of you using ACES ..... what octane gas are you putting in with it ?

I'm still using 93 in there .... with my heads/cam work and custom tune, I just can't get myself to reach for that 89 nozzle ... :)

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
I started out after doing some research with a 93 tune on 89 octane. i wasnt real happy with that then switched to a 93 tune with 91 octane. now i am actually using 91 octane with a 91 tune. i think the 93 tune in my opinion is crap i actually lost performance and went back to the 91 tune. now the thing is a beast! but all our cars are different and i have done no engine mods so you may want to play around a bit and do some data logging.

·
Vendor
10,368 Posts
Queue Brian. :D
WOW!! I came on the forum and when I saw the title, I felt like you do when you are in a car and you think that the someone who is driving is going to turn, you are in the passenger seat and you unconsciously get your body ready to turn and then they don't and you get that ooofff feeling.....well you know.

Wicked, thanks for your insight on what we do. I can in no way add anything. The products speak for themselves.

Thanks
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040 :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
^^^^ he he he, i bet you sat there for like 10 minutes putting together a thought out response, then read the post and was like, a crap i just wasted 10 minutes. :)

1 - 20 of 100 Posts