Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. A few days ago i saw a BMW commercial were it show the headlamps turning which ever way the driver is turning his steering wheel, i think they call it "tuning the corner." Now i know this isn't nothing new and lots of these high end cars have them. However i was wondering....

1. Does anyone have this feature on there car ?
2. How much would it cost to install it if possiable ? (I know the old saying. "if you have the money anything is possiable")
3. Has anyone here driven a car that came standerd with those tunring headlamps ? if so how was it ?

Here is a small clip from BMW about the headlamps. As always thanks guys. :beerchug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uRR...82459D41&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=30

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
i cant answer your q's but i do know that Top Gear Said the Buggatti Veryon doesn't have them cause the car is too fast and you dont need them :) thats how i drive haha

·
Registered
513 Posts
I heard the same thing about the GTR, it goes through corners faster than the headlight could follow it so they didnt install it!
my friend has it on his A4 and its only about 10 degrees movement. i dont think its worth the money to custom build a headlamp for that, unless u can do it for $100-$150

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I heard the same thing about the GTR, it goes through corners faster than the headlight could follow it so they didnt install it!
my friend has it on his A4 and its only about 10 degrees movement. i dont think its worth the money to custom build a headlamp for that, unless u can do it for $100-$150
I remember that one on the GT.

When it comes to headlights i aint messing around with that, gonna get someone who know a thing or two ahahaha.

·
Registered
296 Posts
This would be in the thousands of dollars for us to build.

I did one on a g35 headlight years to go and after the mechanics are done you still need to have the wiring to make them work.

The issue is the charger headlights are so shallow it would take alot of work to make them even fessible. Now if someone has the money to spend for a custom one of piece then let me know as I love "impossible" projects.

Honestly I would say on the low end you are looking at least $1500.00

Steve

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello steve i wanna say thank you for replying to my post, answers most of my questions.

Since your here can you tell me do you guys make corona rings like you see on BMWs ? I know you guys are famous for your LED halos, but i'm asking would it be possiable to get the corona rings from you guys or is that something you and the team don't deal with ?

Thanks. :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
My wife had it on a VW Toureg a few years ago. Neat feature but it didn't do much. There are a ton of other ways I'd spend $1500.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My wife had it on a VW Toureg a few years ago. Neat feature but it didn't do much. There are a ton of other ways I'd spend $1500.
man all these german cars have them, then again for the price of a new VW passat i could get a new R/T charger at least here anyways. True enough i would only spend that much money on headlights only if i had plenty of it and didnt really care.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I drove a BMW for awhile that had these.. It was cool for a minute, then you get over it. Not worth $1500 imho

1 - 11 of 11 Posts