Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm cruising yesterday after work waiting at a light when out of no where this kid driving an M3 pulls up next to me. I'd say a model no later than a 05-06, he looks over at me and I knew it was on. I kindly drop into autostick really expecting to get crushed but I had to find out if it would be a blow out or not. Then it happens, the light turns green and we let loose.......

To my surprise from the dig were neck and neck, when we get to 3rd gear he starts to pull on me but my front bumper never left the beginning of his front driver side tire, each time he shifted I gained a little more until we shut down. As we approached the next light I asked him if he was going FULL power and he said heck yeah were you? He said dude that thing is crazy is that the SRT8, I told him nah bruh you would been embarrassed had I been in that.

Then the kid tried to say I cheated because his was "only a V6 and my car was a V8," and right then is when I knew he realized he got checked, lol.

I was grinning the whole way home :grin: , all I have is a CAI oh and a Predator as well:lol:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Ha ha! Congrats. Isn't that a great feeling! I got a smile just living vicariously through you for a second!

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
not to change the subj but what diablo tune did you do to your ride? :lol: nice job by the way!

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Then the kid tried to say I cheated because his was "only a V6 and I my car was a V8," and right then is when I knew he realized he got checked, lol.
Haha, I guess he didn't realize that M3's use inline 6's, not V6's. Good for you though, glad you put him in his place.

·
Registered
31 Posts
First of all what the hell is a kid doing driving an M3? I wish I hadn't seen this posted because now I'm all angered. I see far to many "kids" driving around in cars that far surpass the allowance that there mommy and daddy give them, and then they drive around thinking their S h i t don't stink, what is it about luxury cars boosting peoples ego. I guess I get so angry because I catch allot of hear for being 23 and driving a more than $30,000 car when truth of it all is that I bought my R/T with my own money, I make payments on it every month with my own money and it's my name that is on the title of the car. I applaud you sjb261 for putting this kid in his place.

P.S. Sorry for the venting. :)

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not to change the subj but what diablo tune did you do to your ride? :lol: nice job by the way!
I didn't get into customizing the tunes yet, not that brave I went with the performance 93 tune with CAI. The one that comes pre-programmed from Diablo.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Do you have any way to monitor knock with that tune? I've seen a lot of guys saying they were showing 5 degrees of knock retard with the 93 octane CAI tune.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
I didn't get into customizing the tunes yet, not that brave I went with the performance 93 tune with CAI. The one that comes pre-programmed from Diablo.
so performance wise would you say it's worth it...for the tuner that is? thanks

·
Registered
702 Posts
First of all what the hell is a kid doing driving an M3? I wish I hadn't seen this posted because now I'm all angered. I see far to many "kids" driving around in cars that far surpass the allowance that there mommy and daddy give them, and then they drive around thinking their S h i t don't stink, what is it about luxury cars boosting peoples ego. I guess I get so angry because I catch allot of hear for being 23 and driving a more than $30,000 car when truth of it all is that I bought my R/T with my own money, I make payments on it every month with my own money and it's my name that is on the title of the car. I applaud you sjb261 for putting this kid in his place.

I'm only 27, do you hate me too? j/k

I assure you, I worked very hard for my toys; I don't have a "Get Out of Jail Free" card to give to Mommy and Daddy.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you have any way to monitor knock with that tune? I've seen a lot of guys saying they were showing 5 degrees of knock retard with the 93 octane CAI tune.
I'm not sure if there's a way to monitor or not, I haven't really played around with the Predator since I did the 93 tune. I read somewhere that you lose about 2hp for every degree of knock retard. One of the experts may want to chime in here to validate or not.

so performance wise would you say it's worth it...for the tuner that is? thanks
Hell Yeah!!:grin:

·
Registered
639 Posts

I'm one of those kids. Im only 22 with a srt, but i saved my cash and bought it myself. College degree works wonders...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm one of those kids. Im only 22 with a srt, but i saved my cash and bought it myself. College degree works wonders...
Hell yeah lets hear it for those College degrees I'm just about done with getting mine and hopefully when graduate I can find a better job than I have now so I can afford to make payments on my R/T and pay for mods cause right now it's one or the other. And by the way I wasn't hattin' on young kids having nice cars ...unless you didn't earn it your self.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
sounds good... :lol: i don't think anyone really meant any negative comments in this thread though. the way i look at it... as long as you have a charger you're doing something right in life...hehe:grin:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
give it up to college degrees. i might add im an alum from USF graduated this past dec, 24 yrs old with an srt that is under my name too. feels good to make my own payments

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Hah got you all beat 22 no college degree only HS and driving an 07 SRT8 with all the options except for VES, after having an 06 RT, and before that a 2003 Acura RSX Type-S all in my name.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Well you may have beat this kid an a 05-06 BMW but it was probably because like you said hey was a kid, which probably didn't know how to race his car especially if it was a manual. I was barley able to take out the older model M3 and I had an RT cahrger as well, I know that the newer ones are making more power than the older ones even though the newer ones maybe a little more heavier but still should be quicker.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts