Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gents,
I do NOT want to buy something unnecessary, and ultimately want a better ET even if its by a tenth. You know my mods in my Signature. Give me input on the following questions, or put me in a better direction to mods for the $$$...!!!

Hey here are a few questions for y'all (please keep in mind my mods)

1. Blue Tops Alone, more worth it over the BB Valve Body (obviously for the money), will I notice a difference even without the MTCM?

2. Blue Tops and MTCM, is this making a difference in your ETs?

3. MTCM alone, Is the MTCM even worth it, I already have an Intune and it definitely shifts harder than stock...ALSO when I go LIMP, sometimes I have to reset the TCM adaptation and this part scares me with a MTCM with preloaded TCM tune that will just disappear?

4. Limp mode, how often do you go LIMP with these items? ( I currently fix this LIMP mode with a swift change of rev limit and shift point, but with the 3500 stall, I feel this is more prone to LIMP mode and so will purchasing one of these items prevent it and help get a better ET)

5. Stage II Valve Body is more money and has a core charge, Is this better than blue tops? I know the difference in shifts isn't too much between this and Blue Tops, but with this completely as stand alone mod, will I feel it more and get faster ETs?

6. Has anyone done a Combination of these or Just one of these mods alone? Input please

Ive been reading a whole lot about these items from past years and Its just ridiculous that I still don't have a solid answer...Help ME clarify as I want to put my $$ where it counts.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Blue tops and mtcm! The tcm has a sportier shift schedule and firmer shifts. Also should help keep you out of limp mode. Combine the mtcm with blue tops and you will have neck snapping shifts. Together they thould be good for .1-.2.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
You are headed in the right direction and everything you are looking to do is mods you want regret. If your gonna do a vb contact bill @ paramount performance. He can even do custom tcms. Do your research and learn it yourself. All the info you need is over on lx, just take your time and study up. Get high study high get high scores!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Also if your gonna get a mtcm buy a new one. It's very tricky to have the reset and if the dealer has never done it there's a good chance they will brick it. Also if a used on if just put in the car can burn up the clutches as every car is different and the tcm needs to be paired and adaptives learned from the car its going in, not from another car. I say blue tops or Vb, 6.1 intake, a strong dope addiction, and a fresh custom tune. You will be running 11.7-11.9 all day long.

282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is some f***ed **** man! Im so excited its ridiculous. I think ill go with the cheapest route on that, MTCM + BLue tops first, then ill go with HP and add the 6.1 intake and some longtubes with gutted cats or catless mids. then ill add nitrous to rape those modded stangs. Gotta get mid 12's w/out nitrous on your average track (DA 2000-3000), so that I can be solid on the fact that I have a strong NA vehicle...then I can blow the boots off of mofos in the 1/4 like some stocker exotic cars with NOS.

BTW, Is that Nitrous coming out of your grille in your signature, cz if it is that's nuts and I just realized it.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Sounds like a plan bro, your moving right along! Yes that's where my purge exits through the front grill.

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Hey, I did a search and am reading through a bunch of threads trying to figure out the best and easiest way to firm up shifts on 2014 Charger Pursuit 5.7. Even though it's a Police Package, I want the shifts firmer. I am not interested in anything other than the shifts, so I don't know what I need. A tuner or what? Seems like alot of money just to firm up shifts. I know nothing about "Blue Tops" or "MTCM".

Please guide me. Thanks!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hey, I did a search and am reading through a bunch of threads trying to figure out the best and easiest way to firm up shifts on 2014 Charger Pursuit 5.7. Even though it's a Police Package, I want the shifts firmer. I am not interested in anything other than the shifts, so I don't know what I need. A tuner or what? Seems like alot of money just to firm up shifts. I know nothing about "Blue Tops" or "MTCM".

Please guide me. Thanks!
DiabloSport tuner will help firm things up a bit and reduce a lot of the lag. But if you REALLY want that snap your neck shifting, Blue Tops seem to be the way to go. They can help extend the life of the trans, too!

MTCM: Mopar TCM, which is a specially programmed TCM that changes how the transmission shifts and reacts. The Blue Tops or VB added to that would have you snapping your passengers neck at every WOT run! :driving:

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
So when you refer to MTCM, this is an aftermarket Mopar Performance unit or is it something that comes stock on some, like an SRT8?

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts

Please guide me. Thanks!
Just buy the Diablo tuner and firm things up in the shifting. It will also let you do other things that you may not be interested in now...but might be later after you firm up the shifting. :)

Later, if the bug bites, you can consider the blue tops and Mopar TCM module if that's what you desire.

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Well when you look at the costs, it seems the Diablo isn't really much more money than the MTCM, and I can't find any listing for one that works with a '14. I searched quite a bit and everything shows '05'-'06, even Jegs. You'd think if it works with later models they would've updated their web page by now.

Leaning toward Diablo. Thanks.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Well when you look at the costs, it seems the Diablo isn't really much more money than the MTCM, and I can't find any listing for one that works with a '14. I searched quite a bit and everything shows '05'-'06, even Jegs. You'd think if it works with later models they would've updated their web page by now.

Diablo will not only help with the shifting, but a plethora of other things. So you get a lot more bang for the buck!

282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:crying:

Ok dude, I just read up on what you are looking for. Go with the Diablo Sport Tuner for 2011+ models, either the Intune (cheaper) or the trinity. As for the price, your lookin at 350-500 for it, unless you go to lxforums or charger forums Sale Section and people are selling one (make SURE it is UNMARRIED FIRST!!! and that it comes with the SOFTWARE and PLUGS). It is simple to use, and you control lots with it.
As for the Shifting, are you trying to race at the track or just want FIRM shifts on the street? Answer that first.
The Diablo will make shifts firmer than stock.
The MTCM will make shifts HELLA firm, like wheel chirping firm.
The Blue Tops will make Down Shifts Painful and Upshifts (only under full throttle) throw you back some.

Funny story, Im sitting in the passenger seat of my car with Lonnie Bartley MPR Motorsports driving to test the MTCM mod when we installed it, before we drive off he goes "You know what the shift is gunna feel like?" I said, " nope " so he punches me in the arm OUCH. he goes "like that".

so the shifts are definitely firmer. You want to buy an MTCM brand new and Install it yourself. It is cake. Just unplug your battery, rip off the panel to the left of the steering wheel, unscrew and few screws and unplug the stock TCM(but leave it in there ) plug in the new MTCM and VOILA.

WARNING: Do not Retune your TCM with the tuner with the MTCM in, you will erase the data! just switch the TCM to the original OEM TCM when you retune the TCM or any transmission reset things (i.e. TCM RESET, SET BACK TO STOCK TUNE)

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Thanks for info USMC. Sounds like the Diablo Sport will satisfy what I am looking for; street driver, no track time, wanting firmer shifts but not chirping hard.

Thanks for information!

Larry

282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yup no prob brother

1 - 15 of 15 Posts