Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I will be traveling 2 hours away soon and I wanted to know if I tape my hood, bumper, side view mirrors etc. will my HEMI hood decal get damaged when I take the tape off of it at my destination ? Any hep would be appreciated. A bra is not an option, or any types of front end wraps, I don't like nor do I want any of that stuff.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
It depends, What weather conditions do you expect to encounter?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I had a friend that blue taped his whole front bumper and ½ of the hood of his Super Bee, drove it from Texas to Springfest in California with no issues. And did the same coming back.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I had a friend that blue taped his whole front bumper and ½ of the hood of his Super Bee, drove it from Texas to Springfest in California with no issues. And did the same coming back.

Operative words being "Texas" and "Springfest California".

It's the middle of Winter now. ;)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Odd....I have never heard of this before. What's the concern...debris, dirt, gravel, chips in front end. I say chance it and DRIVE that car....bring some polish and compound with you for when you get there.

-- sent from my HTC DNA --

·
Registered
679 Posts
Why not just use plastidip? Any color will look better then painters tape and they even make a clear now

Just spray on like 5 coats and it will peel right off later

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Why not just use plastidip? Any color will look better then painters tape and they even make a clear now

Just spray on like 5 coats and it will peel right off later
Not a bad idea!
Although, I can't help but hear a whisper of an infomercial in the back of my head:
<Hi, Anthony Loudmouth heah, doing the worst British accent evah, with a new product that's not really new, but you'll think it's the best since sliced bread anyway!>
Sorry, couldn't help it...:biggrinjester: Carry on.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mainly the HEMI decal on the hood. I will be traveling in the summer from NY to PA. I want to make sure the tape won't damage the decal.....The tape will only be on there 5 hours......thanks again all.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Mainly the HEMI decal on the hood. I will be traveling in the summer from NY to PA. I want to make sure the tape won't damage the decal.....The tape will only be on there 5 hours......thanks again all.
This is what it looked like.

Under those conditions it will be fine. Many folks have done it in the past as RazorX showed above. No issue with it sticking to the decal any differently than the paint.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts