Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time I've ever experienced this with a vehicle. I'm a decent mechanic so pretty sure I can handle taking this apart and putting it back together but am I out a hundred bucks for the coupler? Or 300 for the coupler and shaft? 600 or more with a both couplers and the center bearing? Thinking i should probably replace it all while i'm down there but money is a little tight so what do we think?

thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
Tmag:
I have not experienced this issue, but I believe you can just replace the coupler unless there is physical damage to other associated parts.

Don

·
Registered
4,387 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
969 Posts
If the diff end is like the trans end, that center part goes over part of the flange of the yoke. If that's buggered, which it certainly looks to be there, you probably need a new shaft. I'd imagine if it is bent at all it could cause vibration issues.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Purchased the above mentioned kit. Comes with the entire assembly from trans to diff. Looked up the manufacturer of the couplers and it seems that they are a legit OEM manufacturer. I’ll post some photos of the tear down and build once she’s up and running again. Here’s hoping the rear diff and trans didn’t suffer at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts