Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPS came to my door at 6:00pm. Less than an hour later the conversion was done... YOU CAN'T BEAT THE CHANGE !!!... FOR THE MONEY YOU CAN'T DO A BETTER MOD !!!! My DAYTONA never felt the same. Its easier to smoke the tires wih ECS off (WAY EASIER). Full throtle accelertion off the line is not much better but the pull above 3000 RPM is definatly greater. I did not like the noticable power lag between shifts in the manual mode. (NOT NOTED AS OBJECTABLE BEFORE) The shift / power lag was much more pronounced with the exhaust mod. At WOT the car was a PIG, even more so than before. With the throttle at 80%+ the engine ROMPS. THE CHANGE IS VERY SIGINIFICANT FROM 3000 TO 4500 RPM. Off the line seems to have no differance in accelleration. The rumble of the EXHAST at idle is about the same. When you "KICK IT" the BOB's pipes make the car run more diftinctive.....a

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
you aren't excited are you???? lol....glad you love the new setup man. but i wanted to get some clarity on something.....are you saying you hear or feel a power lag between 1 and 2 with the new exhaust setup? i noticed with both the stock and the new exhaust....it is a computer designed function that just becomes more pronounced with the aftermarket exhaust....but you aren't actually losing anything such as a lag.....

i am just trying to get some clarity on that part.....but i am glad you love the change....welcome the the roar of the real hemi!!!!

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Hemidon,
Have you noticed any drone? Would you recommend it?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
NECharger said:
Hemidon,
Have you noticed any drone? Would you recommend it?
that is one issue I have with this, and other cat back kits...

The Daytona Exhaust sounds sweet from the factory... it is quite at idle, but roars like a nascar when you get on it...

I would however like it to be a lower tone, as it's pitch is alittle on the high side for me.

I have heard AZchargers at idle, and when we played leapfrog on the highway, and his sounds sweet, however I need to go for a drive in his to see if the drone from removing the resonators would piss me off or not.. :D

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
that is one issue I have with this, and other cat back kits...

The Daytona Exhaust sounds sweet from the factory... it is quite at idle, but roars like a nascar when you get on it...

I would however like it to be a lower tone, as it's pitch is alittle on the high side for me.

I have heard AZchargers at idle, and when we played leapfrog on the highway, and his sounds sweet, however I need to go for a drive in his to see if the drone from removing the resonators would piss me off or not.. :D
Me too. AZ, when you leave Daytona_R/T's place, could you head up here to PA?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
a14umbra said:

hmmm

the 2006 Blast'n Bob across america tour?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
a14umbra said:

LOL!! I`m originally from Syracuse, so I`ll stop by on my way home! :lol:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Oh, I heard the clip. I just want to drive the car. :)

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
a14umbra said:
Oh, I heard the clip. I just want to drive the car. :)

Na, its a SLOW 4 banger! :lol: :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts