Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asked the wife if I could spend the $$ for a cat-back and she said NO. So now I am thinking Blastin Bobs may be the way to go. I am not too concerned about HP, this is pretty much our family car but I want it to sound mean. I put on a K&N CAI and it sounds great when I get on it but I want more.
Are the Blastin Bobs worth the money? Which one should I consider? Whats the difference between the resonator and resonator eliminator? I am so confused!!! I have a 2008 RT and I want it to sound good standing still.
Thanks for any advice...
_Tom

·
Registered
31 Posts
From all of the research I have done it seems that the blastin bob mufflers are about the same as flowmasters. I haven't read any bad reviews on his products or customer service, everyone seems to be pretty happy. As far as the resonators go, most people say the flowmasters with the resos on is barely louder than stock and people end up chopping them off anyway. The kicker is you have the 5.7 with the MDS and most people say there is drone with the systems. Depending on the person, some hate it, some love it. If you go that route you might as well invest in a predator to turn off the MDS and that should help with the drone.
I had a 300C with the 5.7 and messed with the exhaust a little but did not have this set up. The drone did not bother me much but drove everyone one else crazy. Try humming as loud as you can, feel your head vibrating? Now imagine it's your car doing the humming and vibrating in the cab with you, amusing for a second, then gets annoying as hell. You mentioned a wife, so you might want to take the drone into consideration.
If you take off the resonators you might want to consider putting a glass pack or some type of resonated tip. That should ease the drone a bit but not mess with the mean muscle car sound.
I traded my 300 for a charger srt8 and so far all I have done was take off the suitcase muffler but left the resos. I did my research before i removed them and I found mixed reviews. I personally hate it, the raspy sound some describe kills me. My srt sounds like its a V6 trying to sound mean. I am planning on getting blastin bobs plain wrap mufflers and removing the resos. I will do a review and hopefully post some before and after vids.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Call bob and talk to him, one of the nicest guys in the business, he will set u straight.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I emailed bob and he responded very quickly and actually did NOT recommend some of his own products from what I told him I was looking for. That's pretty good in today's time, a lot of people would try and push whatever they could sell you no matter if it's what you really wanted or not. I do plan on buying all my future exhaust parts from him.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I sincerely want the 9 db kit for my R/T. YouTube has some great clips. Blastin bobs site also shows a choice in pipe bending options.

·
Registered
462 Posts
If money is tight, why not just go with the Brylcreem mod. It's not for everybody but I love it, the sound is great when you get on it but its not loud when your cruising and zero drone. Basically you just cut out the mid muffler (suitcase) and leave the stock resonators on. So all you have to pay for is someone to cut out the muffler and weld straight pipes in place of it. Should be less than $100 bux and the sound is as good as any catback.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to everyone for the input! I have been doing e-research for some time and i am getting brain melt. I plan to contact bob directly as suggested. I will post more later.:driving::driving::driving:

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
X2 on the brylcreem mod. Low budget, sounds decent.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have had the 9db product from Blastin Bobs for almost a year now and love it on my RT. It makes a huge difference from stock but its not too much. Yes, there is a drone but it doesn't bother me. In fact I forget about it until someone in the car complains about it! It is only around 1900 rpm and then goes away. If your using the speed shift you can shift into a different gear to get rid of the drone. It is a little annoying on the freeway doing about 65-70 so I usually throw it in 4th and it is pretty much silent inside the car. Hope this helps!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts