Charger Forums banner

Blastin` Bobs Charger exhaust mod! SWEET!

20K views 139 replies 34 participants last post by  AZCHARGER 
#1 · (Edited)
Guys, I was skeptical about this mod but I just installed it and WOW, it sounds/looks GREAT!! Its hard to believe how restrictive sounding the stock resonators are! The sound is deep with NO resonating!! Makes the HEMI sound like it should! The 3 1/2" tips look sweet! :smile:

I got this kit off of E-Bay from this seller!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Char...33633QQitemZ7998631587QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I got this 11db kit and it is AWESOME! Blastin Bobs quality of workmanship is close to perfect!!

Heres some pics! I have a sound clip, but need a host!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
interesting...can't wait to hear a sound clip!!! i do have one question though - are you taking advantage of the full power release of the exhaust? the muffler with the crappy xpipe they have is still intact.....i am not flaming so please don't take this the wrong way....i am really curious as to the difference in the muffler with the dayona. i have not heard one yet and am patiently(not) waiting for one to get to the local dealer so i can go check it out.

#3 ·
Its more of a "sound" and "looks" mod than real performance! I did feel a slight difference in performance, but only time will tell! Sure beats spending $900+ for an aftermarket Cat-back system!

#7 ·
Darn, you just took my idea, I was just telling my dad last week that I was going to do the same mod. First of all I would never spend 900.00 on a catback and the only thing that's restricting our exhaust is the rear mufflers (besides the cats). Great minds think alike, that's exactly what I'm going to do. Heck we already have a stainless exhaust, just loose the mufflers and put some nice tips on.

#9 ·
Looks good. What was the install like? Did you have to cut through the pipes?
Yes, you have to cut the pipes. The install took all of 15 min! The more I hear it, the HAPPIER I BECOME! It sounds AWESOME guys!!!!!!!

#13 ·
You guys talking about your parents like that are making me feel real old.
LOL! I agree! I`ll be 35 on the 14th! :lol: :lol:

#15 ·
YOU `DA MAN DUTCH! :smile: :smile: :smile:

#17 ·
I paid a muffler shop to cut the resonators off and weld a straight extention, with stock tips attached...
Cost $50... what's the advantage of this except larger tips?
for $140 it better be more than a set of tips and clamps.

(they would have welded ANY tip on for me, no other charge)

#19 ·
nice man...a definite difference than the stock r/t sound. i was really scared for a second...i was hearing walking around in your video but couldn't see anyone....hehehe.....

so here is the deal - i need everyone with different exhaust setups to meet up in one place that way we can see and hear the differences. i love how creative and different everyone is with their exhaust!!!!! it is very cool!!

#20 ·
SWEET MOD .... Once I get a production date (hopefully next week) my exhaust mod will be ordered... Did you get the 7db or the 11db ?

$140.00 !!!!! $168 to my door... can't beat it.......

That's one of the things I'll do before the car leaves my garage...

I told my wife that when we pick up the car it's going straight from the dealer to my garage for mod's. The plan is to install the (dealer provided) front chin spoiler and rear deck spoiler, CAI, side molding switch to chrome accent from the R/T Magnum (dealer provided), custom stripes, Daytona grille and R/T emblem, Auto headlight mod and of course the exhaust mod

(THE WIFE GAVE ME A $1000 CUSTOM BUDGET)

Car Ordered:

Black R/T with R/T and lots of other goodies...

#23 ·
LOL! Yep, I`m about to go hear what It sounds like again, when I drive to work this morning! :lol:

#24 ·
Did my K&N Air intake two days ago and today my Flowmaster kit#17405 is to arrive. Of course UPS drops off one of the two packages, so i have to see if dumbass notices the 30lbs box sitting in his truck in a reasonable time to get it installed.

Hey dutch I'll try and take some video, and send it to you if you want to try and host it...let me know.

Basic air intake and exhaust is where most will want to go, and ill try and take an outer and inner sound/video clip and combine them for you.

if I cant host it ill have to stick with email to whomever wants it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.