Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I want to thank Terry (gymrat7953) for selling me the kit, great to deal with and highly recommended...

On to the exhaust, I got it yesterday and got it installed at a local custom exhaust shop this AM. My first impressions of the quality and look is 100% improvement over the stock R/T resonators. The stock ones stood out too much since they were grey and with having the new kit, it looks a lot nicer.

As for the sound improvement of the exhaust note, it is deeper but not loud at all. I drove it and once you fire her up gives you a nice V8 growl, but mellows out after that. At WOT, you can hear it more agressive and deeper but by all means not loud that will wake up the dead.

I hope it gets a bit louder as it is a tad on the mellow side, but alot better than stock. Since I use my car as a daily driver and at times have attorneys and clients in my car, it is better for me to have a more mellow deeper exhaust than a "look at me" type of system. If you want to turn heads as you fly-by, then this is not for you. But if you want to upgrade your exhaust to something more deeper and look 100 times better, than this is the setup for you.

I plan on removing the suitcase to see if it gets more of what I am looking for and if it is too loud, then I will put some mufflers along the line to quiet her up, but for now, I am happy.

BEFORE YOU ASK: The car is getting cleaned up and I will take pix and video and post up for sound clip.

Thanks, Edwin.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Sounds great, Ed. I am planning on the Blastin' bob's 6db kit and I'm glad you like it. I want a little growl, but at cruising, I prefer to not hear it much at all. Let us know how you are doing and how about some pics?

MIKE

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will get some pix of it by this week. I am in the process of moving. Will get back to you.

Edwin

·
Registered
584 Posts
Well I am impatient as hell. I already ordered #GPDW225, Blastin Bob's Daytona & R/T 350hp 4 db. It is 2.25" pipe, same as the rest of the system. 12" glasspack resonators and dual wall Dynomax tips. I look forward to hearing and seeing yours, what exact kit did you get?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the BB Magnaflow resonator kit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The BlastinBob's kits aren't stainless are they? And from the looks of them on Ebay, they look to be sandblasted or glassbeadblasted? Are the tips stainless? They also don't look mandrel bent?

I've been eyeing them myself. Thought that would be a nice upgrade!

·
Registered
584 Posts
The BlastinBob's kits aren't stainless are they? And from the looks of them on Ebay, they look to be sandblasted or glassbeadblasted? Are the tips stainless? They also don't look mandrel bent?

I've been eyeing them myself. Thought that would be a nice upgrade!
Mine are due here by the weekend so I can't be sure. I think they are painted black, with stainless tips(maybe Magnaflow?). The bending isn't a big deal since the rest of the system is the same, if you are stock at least.
I hope I can review them and poat pics if they arrive by the weekend. Hmm... FedEx from CA to IL, 4 days?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Well I am impatient as hell. I already ordered #GPDW225, Blastin Bob's Daytona & R/T 350hp 4 db. It is 2.25" pipe, same as the rest of the system. 12" glasspack resonators and dual wall Dynomax tips. I look forward to hearing and seeing yours, what exact kit did you get?
I've had this kit on my 07 R&T for about two months now. It's mellow at cruising speeds, but has a mean growl at WOT... I would definitely recommend this kit.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I hope it gets a bit louder as it is a tad on the mellow side, but alot better than stock.

Thanks, Edwin.
I have the 4db glasspack kit, but I wish it was mellower. Wanna trade?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Sorry, I got rid of it already.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No problem... What are you going to get now?

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Bump ... any sound clips yet ?? :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts