1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
869 Posts
I remember reading other threads about this and from what I remember (i think) most people that have them have NOT had them fly off at high speeds or in windy conditions. I think that is a rare case. I am not sure they could sell them if they came off that easy. You should go for it!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I think that if this is the route you want to go, at least use some double stick vinyl tape (3M) placed strategically to help hold them on. I'd be interested in how clean a fit you will get with them as well. And by all means, if you do get them, scrape the GTS decals off of them.

Let us know how much they block the taillights. I have a set of GTS headlight covers and besides looking absolutely great, they block the lights too much at night. I've gone with the RockBlockers for both the front and rear and like them very much, but they're more difficult to install than the covers. On the other hand, they aren't THAT bad, but you need to be patient and take your time.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
or you can do what im doing???(if you want) which is find another set of tails and tint them and save your stocks in case of a fix it ticket?? also i think painting them will make them look bad a $ s if you do it right......:D

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've had mine for a couple months and they have never came off because of wind or high speeds. They did come off and bust when i went through a touch less car wash, the one with the spinny things that beat your car. Other then that, they look great and at night you can still see your lights through the plastic. I had the covers on my front lights as well but i couldn't see anything at night even with my brights on, so i took them off and ordered the Reflective Concepts blinker overlays.

·
Registered
507 Posts
i had the GTS blackout front and rear covers. the fronts fit clean and you dont have to worry about them flying off. only problem with the fronts is that at night they dim your headlights so it makes it harder to see.

the rears fit ok. they just stick onwith 3m velcro tape. i took mine off whenever i washed the car so i think that over time the velcro became less effective. i ended up loosing 1 on the freeway. now im going with nite shades and hoping for the best with the Law.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts