Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I just got my 2013 charger AWD Sport Appearance package in bright white and I'm thinking the one thing it needs is a black vinyl roof wrap. Has anyone had any experience with this? I know, imo, it'll look awesome, i'm just wondering if anyone has any pros/cons to doing this? I live in New England, so the weather changes constantly so I'm wondering if the cold to hot to cold to hot will affect the durability of the vinyl?

Oh, and does anyone know if by chance this might for some ridiculous reason void some sort of warranty? Just wondering!

Any input on this would be awesome!

Thanks!

· Registered
4,741 Posts
It doesnt have clearcoat, more prone to staining, especially bird poop if you dont treat it in time.

Also, I'm not sure on how much of a difference in paint fade it will make with regards to other panels of the car should you decide to remove it a few years down the line..

I did consider having the entire car wrapped in matte white and black across the panels (not only protect the paint but looks good as well)..but after thinking about the extra care that goes into this and the total wrap cost (material + labour) of around 6-7k, decided it was not worth it for a daily driver.

My .02: Wait around for a few months till the new car craze dies down and then make your final decision regarding this..

· Registered
230 Posts
It depends who does it. I do vinyl as a small side job type deal. Ive done customers cars 3 or 4 years ago and rhe vinyl is still fine. As long as the edges are protected and rhe the surface was prepped youre golden for 5 or 6 or 7+ years. Its not terribly resistant to rock chips and that goes for all brands...3m oracal hexis avery etc.

Other than that for about 150 to 300 for a quality wrap itll change the look of your car for a long time coming. I say do it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
230 Posts
It all depends on what youre looking for. Within each company you have a tremendous amount of variations of vinyl designed for all diffferent applications. Im partial to 3m just because im used to how it handles. For the roof look into 3m 1080 metallic gloss black. Very realistic stuff. Its really come a long way

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.