Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[email protected] went out of his way to find me black steering wheel buttons from the 07 models. 06 buttons are silver satin, and were ruining my idea for the wheel, so I got my buttons from Ted and the gang, painted them today, and got them in, as well as a little more touch ups. WHat do yall think?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I think it looks great!!

How hard is it to swap the buttons?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Looks good! I was half expecting to end up with black buttons when I (finally) took my car in for the dreaded cracks...

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
piece of cake to do. Use a 10 mm socket to remove the 2 bolts holding the air bag assembly in place. Once you move the airbag out of the way, use a small flathead screwdriver and push it under the puttons, and pry towards you. POP out they come. Tape off the buttons, sand the silver, spray 4 coats of color and then wetsand when dry. Couple coats of clear, wet sand again, and reinstall. The botton inserts pup right out. Oh, there is a plastic cover on top of the airbag (It has the ram head on it) that has several little clips on each side. Press the cover IN towards the air bag, pull the cover away from the air bag, and slide it off. Then you can prep the cover and paint your silver ram logo if you like.

·
Registered
203 Posts
[email protected] went out of his way to find me black steering wheel buttons from the 07 models. 06 buttons are silver satin, and were ruining my idea for the wheel, so I got my buttons from Ted and the gang, painted them today, and got them in, as well as a little more touch ups. WHat do yall think?
You don't like the color yellow do ya?

Just kidding! Looks great!

·
Suspended User
2,400 Posts
UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just kdding looks great!
i want to do it but just never knew how. im kinda of scared to mess with the airbag stuff!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
iS THERE AN eND TO THIS mODNESS!?

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Very, VERY nice. Great look and great service from Ted.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
piece of cake to do. Use a 10 mm socket to remove the 2 bolts holding the air bag assembly in place. Once you move the airbag out of the way, use a small flathead screwdriver and push it under the puttons, and pry towards you. POP out they come. Tape off the buttons, sand the silver, spray 4 coats of color and then wetsand when dry. Couple coats of clear, wet sand again, and reinstall. The botton inserts pup right out. Oh, there is a plastic cover on top of the airbag (It has the ram head on it) that has several little clips on each side. Press the cover IN towards the air bag, pull the cover away from the air bag, and slide it off. Then you can prep the cover and paint your silver ram logo if you like.
Thanks for posting the how-to! Everything looks great! Have you thought about painting the lower dash? (light grey part).

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, I plan to do the Superbee lower color conversion in about 3 months. I will buy most of the components from MPSC and SEM paint the door panels. Or rent an 08 charger from Enterprise and borrow their door panels and replace them with pretty beige ones. lol

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
looks great tby! i'm glad u finally got to do this! i have a ? for u. when u order the part numbers in the "i need...." thread, do you get just the buttons, or do you get the whole assembly the buttons are on?

but again it looks great! way better than the silver buttons

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Beautiful work on the interior! the color matching is perfect.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hahaha!

...Or rent an 08 charger from Enterprise and borrow their door panels and replace them with pretty beige ones. lol
HAHAHAH! Dood, I so almost spit my coffee all over the monitor when I read this. Hehehe

It's not like you would be messing it up either, its just funny as hell. :lol:

HEY who painted your guage bezels?

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dealer paint. I painted the rings as well. And I wont make the enterprise car look dumb or anything.... lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts