Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think? should I powder coat my rims all black? just a rough photoshop pic ...let me know! :smile:

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
IMHO: Polished.

I know alot of other people here like them black though.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Black, lower it, tint the tails and get nice dark covers for the headlights, then have a stealth button installed:)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Black, lower it, tint the tails and get nice dark covers for the headlights, then have a stealth button installed:)
haha, and have all red light interior for low detection ...I could go for the murdered out look, I'd like to keep a little of the chrome accents and add perhaps a black front windshield visor with maybe an SRT red logo?

·
Registered
502 Posts
I like them stock, but then my wheels already match the color of my car.

·
Registered
97 Posts
well not stocks but IMO black on black looks way better =) i had the chrome power coated cept for the center piece used to be black with chrome lip

Attachments

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
haha, and have all red light interior for low detection ...I could go for the murdered out look, I'd like to keep a little of the chrome accents and add perhaps a black front windshield visor with maybe an SRT red logo?
C, now your thinking:)

·
Registered
97 Posts
i'll take a pic when i get home i have all black pretty much need to update pix thats all i just did my tails and tints dont im all black right now shadow in the night =)

·
Registered
193 Posts
I was considering doing the black thing to my stock rims as well....but after seeing that picture, ill leave it the way it is.....thanks for posting that, you saved me some wheel painters remorse!.....I like black rims on a black car but the stock wheels i think seem to look cheap painted black...they remind me of the black steelies on the police chargers.....

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I wanted to powdercoat my stockers flat black and I still plan too but after I get my 22s so I dont have to be without a car. :D

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
maybe if the black was a higher gloss black? a little more shiny or reflective, would look better than that in the picture ...the pic looks like a flat or matte finish ...and probably the lug nuts would be chrome to stand out a bit.

·
Registered
193 Posts
maybe if the black was a higher gloss black? a little more shiny or reflective, would look better than that in the picture ...the pic looks like a flat or matte finish ...and probably the lug nuts would be chrome to stand out a bit.
I think that would make all the difference in the world.....would probably look great gloss black or anything close to the exterior paint....

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
now that looks nice ...how did they get the outer part unpolished? was it machined finished? or taped off? looks nice ...I like it ...I might do the same but without the red.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
now that looks nice ...how did they get the outer part unpolished? was it machined finished? or taped off? looks nice ...I like it ...I might do the same but without the red.
Thanks..the rims were bead blasted,then they tape off the lip..Leaving raw aluminium,Doesnt take much to polish that small lip though..Let us know what you decide..Good luck:grin:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
443 Posts
I would have to say that charger looks sick I guess cause its mine :) All kidding aside I kept my stock set so i have both black and polished. I get a ton of compliments on the black yet no one even notices the stockers...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts