Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a little guidance...i have a black r/t with black rims. was thinking of painting the calipers black and going with a colored decal. i know a lot of people say the black would get lost ,but i think maybe it was also make the decal really stand out....what do u guys think?

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I think the calipers will be pretty hidden painted black especially on a black car. Looks like you are Brilliant Black correct? With a dark wheel well they will be very hidden in there. The right decals will help, either chrome or white, but of course they will get dusted pretty quick. Just my 02.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya...

Ya, i figured as much. I'm just trying to do something a little different, all i see is red calipers,but i also don't want to be too outlandish...thanks for your opinion

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have a black R/T, I painted my calipers black and I put red decals on them. I like the way it looks, it's not real flashy but its a subtle and clean look. Alot better than the way it looked stock. Hope it helps! Good luck!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have a black R/T, I painted my calipers black and I put red decals on them. I like the way it looks, it's not real flashy but its a subtle and clean look. Alot better than the way it looked stock. Hope it helps! Good luck!
Got pics?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
the only colors that are gonna really stand out on a black caliper are gonna be white(is white technically a color? lol), yellow, pink... red... orange... once you start getting into the "cooler" hues of color like blue and purple, and even green to an extent(its kinda on the border) they start to not pop out as much.

personally id go with white decals on top of black.

(now that ive added input... its not totally thread jacking...since theres no need to start a new thread!)
having a silver car really makes it hard to do color customization... under the hood and outside. ive thought about painting my calipers, but im not sure what color. i dont wanna do red, looks like SRT poser. and any other color i think will look weird.
do you think that a black caliper will stand out enough on a silver car? id put silver lettering on top of em. or vice versa? i would think that a silver caliper will stand out even less, with black letters of course.
any thoughts? i havent really seen calipers painted either color so any pictures would be awesome :)

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
the only colors that are gonna really stand out on a black caliper are gonna be white(is white technically a color? lol), yellow, pink... red... orange... once you start getting into the "cooler" hues of color like blue and purple, and even green to an extent(its kinda on the border) they start to not pop out as much.

personally id go with white decals on top of black.

(now that ive added input... its not totally thread jacking...since theres no need to start a new thread!)
having a silver car really makes it hard to do color customization... under the hood and outside. ive thought about painting my calipers, but im not sure what color. i dont wanna do red, looks like SRT poser. and any other color i think will look weird.
do you think that a black caliper will stand out enough on a silver car? id put silver lettering on top of em. or vice versa? i would think that a silver caliper will stand out even less, with black letters of course.
any thoughts? i havent really seen calipers painted either color so any pictures would be awesome :)
I wouldn't do white simply for the dust.

In your case, you could always go for a blue. I share you pain on the color code. Black would look ok, with white lettering.

·
Registered
439 Posts
looking for a little guidance...i have a black r/t with black rims. was thinking of painting the calipers black and going with a colored decal. i know a lot of people say the black would get lost ,but i think maybe it was also make the decal really stand out....what do u guys think?
Here's mine, just finished today.

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
You can polish them yourself too! Black car, black wheels, with polished calipers & a black or red decal would look sweet!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts