Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey how are you guys cleaning your black cars. mostly how are you driing them. I dont want to scrathct the paint with a towel. any advice is great. Mike

·
Registered
34 Posts
I use zaino, its the best polish/paint protectant I have ever used, I perfer it over all conventional waxes...

www.zainobros.com

To dry, depending on how much water beaded off the car when I rinse off the soap, I used a 100% white cotton towl, american made. When I am done I wash it with a small amout of liquid detergent and 2nd rise cycle, spin dry. No fabric softeners or bleech, just detergent, you don't want any chemicals (powder detergent, softerner, bleech) to dry into that towl, because you will be rubbing the towl all over your paint, and chemicals can take off polish and even harm the paint surface when you are drying and buffing polish off the car.

·
Registered
551 Posts
For a towel to dry i recommend the absorber. Its a red "squigee" that is in a plastic container. It works absolutely amazing, as the car is still soaking wet dry car with the absorber and it will leave no water spots and will dry the car bone dry with 1-2 swipes. Its absolutely amazing, I was drying my car when my friend came by and hes like what is that, that dries it soooooo fast. He used it and was amazed. you can find this product in any store such as autozone or anyplace you would buy car wash stuff.

·
Registered
554 Posts
For a towel to dry i recommend the absorber. Its a red "squigee" that is in a plastic container. It works absolutely amazing, as the car is still soaking wet dry car with the absorber and it will leave no water spots and will dry the car bone dry with 1-2 swipes. Its absolutely amazing, I was drying my car when my friend came by and hes like what is that, that dries it soooooo fast. He used it and was amazed. you can find this product in any store such as autozone or anyplace you would buy car wash stuff.
X2

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
I use the Mr Clean autodry system. For real. No drying towel, no sqweegee, only ionized water.
No water spots.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
X4....but I use the california water blade (trust me this tool is amazing!!) to remove the water first, then dry with the red absorber....

·
Registered
831 Posts
X4....but I use the california water blade (trust me this tool is amazing!!) to remove the water first, then dry with the red absorber....
X5

·
Registered
629 Posts
i know i dont have a black car, but i treat it as if i do. i always keep a great coat of zaino on the car so i can blow dry the car with a leaf blower. this gets 98% of the water off and gets it all out of the cracks and stuff, then i use a 100% cotton towel to just dab off the water thats still on there. i HATE water spots and swirl marks from rubbing with a towel, so this is the best combo i have found :).

·
Registered
170 Posts
Leaf blower/absorber if I wash at home

I also use an awsome touchless drive thru near my house that does a great in-betweenie job that has a good blower.. then I use an absorber after for 2 minute once over.

Here is the place I use... they are great!
http://blackdogcarwash.stores.yahoo.net/

·
Registered
180 Posts
Someone car to give me a link to a pic of this fabled Red Abosrber? I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I don't think it matters what kind of water you use...you still have to get the water off the car of the dust in the air alone will leave spots once it dries.

Black vehicles...gotta love them!

·
Registered
65 Posts
After using just about every possible product there is to wash and dry the car with for many years I have finally landed on the following.

I use the California Water Blade followed by a micro-fiber towel. I have been told by several detailing shops to use the micro-fiber towel to dry the car. The micro-fiber is recommended for the same reason you would use it to remove the wax from your car. I will say that a micro-fiber towel will not absorb as much water as a chamois or man made chamois. However, after you use the water blade there is not that much water left anyway. One micro-fiber towel can finish the job without every wringing it out. I actually use one in each hand to speed up the job. Autozone sells both the blade and some decent micro-fiber towels. I also found that they sell a micro-fiber covered sponge that I really like as well. :lol:

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
The microfiber towel will pick up impurities very easily, however. be careful!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts