Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed several smaller little "streaks" (as if from a fine point black ink pen) on my leather seats. Even a long one on the driver's seat. Of course I never have pens in my pockets, and even watch that I don't have anything sharp or protruding on my belt (like a cell or Blackberry). Most of the streaks are on the seat and not the back, but some are even on the back. Almost like they are somehow appearing when you slide in and out of the seat as you enter/exit.

Anyone else seen these or experienced these? I haven't tried to clean the seats yet, other than licking the ole' finger and rubbing (which does absolutely nothing). I am figuring water/rag won't do anything either. Any good, SAFE, cleaners out there?? I use Armorall Leather Conditioner/Cleaner on my wife's car...but seems like it shines more than it cleans.

Looks like ink...but zero percent possibility of that...

???

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I've noticed several smaller little "streaks" (as if from a fine point black ink pen) on my leather seats. Even a long one on the driver's seat. Of course I never have pens in my pockets, and even watch that I don't have anything sharp or protruding on my belt (like a cell or Blackberry). Most of the streaks are on the seat and not the back, but some are even on the back. Almost like they are somehow appearing when you slide in and out of the seat as you enter/exit.

Anyone else seen these or experienced these? I haven't tried to clean the seats yet, other than licking the ole' finger and rubbing (which does absolutely nothing). I am figuring water/rag won't do anything either. Any good, SAFE, cleaners out there?? I use Armorall Leather Conditioner/Cleaner on my wife's car...but seems like it shines more than it cleans.

Looks like ink...but zero percent possibility of that...

???

SORRY dont have an answer for you but also would like to know what to use to get ink off, When I bought mine the back seat had 2 ink spots from a pen...

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
There is a post on the forums about using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to get stains off of the leather seats. Apparently it works pretty good.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
There is a post on the forums about using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to get stains off of the leather seats. Apparently it works pretty good.
Hmm, will have to try that.THANKS!

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Bought some of those Monday and plan on testing them out this weekend on cleaning the inside in all sorts of areas. Will advise on the out come.....

·
Registered
862 Posts
Some here have reported that black leather from belts and jackets are leaving a "stain" on the light gray leather. One guy even said his blue jeans had stained his seat.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was using some of those magic erasers earlier today and thought of it also...I'll try that.

I thought maybe the little rivets on my jeans had somehow"scuffed" (though the fabric doesn't feel scuffed) the marks on the seat.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I recently cleaned all my seats with Lexol leather cleaner and was amazed at the job. I got it at my local speed shop, but I'm pretty sure you can get it elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
to get tough stains off leather i use a diluted simple green/greased lightning solution. if you use it straight up it can be damaging to the leather (take the color right out) if you dont know how to use it. I never know how much water i put in, i just usually test it depending on how bad the marks are. I got red marker off of a contractors truck seat that was on there for about a year this way. all other leather cleaners i tried didnt work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts