Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
So I solved my HID problem, but now I'm trying to get my 2013 charger's grill painted all black. It came stock with black honeycomb but I can't stand the chrome on the crosshairs. I called my body shop place and asked them if they could paint the whole crosshair pitch black to match my car, they said they could do that but it would chip in 2 months or so and wear down and their warranty wouldn't cover it considering its plastic. What do you guys think about that?

Is there any place online or anyone that I could buy an OEM black crosshair that fits the 2013 chargers? I'd be willing to buy the whole grill, i looked everywhere online but the one on mopar's website is black crosshairs with chrome honeycomb, and I'm trying to murder out my charger...
Thanks, Joey

·
Registered
162 Posts
For what its worth when I used to build plastic car models, one of the tricks to removing chrome off of the parts was to drop them into regular household bleach. You could watch the plating disolve without any damage to the plastic.

Not sure if it would work on car parts though

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hi All,

I've seen several threads about the grill, decided to continue this one (as most current).

As I wrote previously - have the SXT Plus Charger coloured in Phantom Black Tri-plate colour, which is basically the same as "Brilliant Pearl Black". And the car has Chrome Grille surround (with the black honeycomb) - which maybe nice with other colour, but I see it just makes the general look not solid.
In bottom line - I want the Black surround, to be more correct, not Mate Black, but Gloss Black , exactly the same which appears on the Black-Top package.

Well, I went with this request to my dealer parts department, and they just had no clue with these parts....but at the end I just understand that "it impossible to order from the factory the same, that comes with black top".

Still, I want to get it, due to lack of free time I do not consider painting, and want just to order and install.
I found the following:
Mopar has 82212422 item, that listed as "Black/Chrome" (production grill surround in black/chrome)
and Autoparts has GRILLE SURROUND - 2013 Dodge Charger item 68142922AA gloss black.
On the Charger.****** written, that it actually the same.
I ready to pay actually the money, but want to be sure, that I paying for the right item...

Could you help, please...

·
Registered
68 Posts
A friend of mind just put a black grill on his 13 Blue R/T and looks real nice, here is the link where he purchased his from:

This is the grill

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm not sure why the link is not working, it works from other places when I click on it. just type this in after the .com

/gp/aw/d/B004Z5QIO8/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1370827612&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

1 - 6 of 6 Posts