Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I am looking to find an affordable nice looking black grille for my 2006 R/T because I think Chargers look much meaner with the darker grille. I've been all over the internet looking at grilles ranging from $60-$350 and honestly have no clue what I am really looking for.

I figured why not ask you guys on here and see what grille's you guys have purchased or are currently using, so I can get ideas. If you could include manufactures names and prices you paid that would be awesome! I'll guess I can see the pictures in your avatars!

Thanks!

And if there is a thread like this already please point me to it, I did not find one

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
Hey Guys,

I am looking to find an affordable nice looking black grille for my 2006 R/T because I think Chargers look much meaner with the darker grille. I've been all over the internet looking at grilles ranging from $60-$350 and honestly have no clue what I am really looking for.

I figured why not ask you guys on here and see what grille's you guys have purchased or are currently using, so I can get ideas. If you could include manufactures names and prices you paid that would be awesome! I'll guess I can see the pictures in your avatars!

Thanks!

And if there is a thread like this already please point me to it, I did not find one
Danko Reproductions (a supporting vendor here) has awesome custom handmade grilles, however, they're not cheap. Cheapest route especially if you want something like the Daytona grille (flat black) get some black paint or Plastidip and paint your own. I recommend Plastidip just because you can always peel it off if you get tired of the look.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is my grill;

It's a cheap one (about $45 or so) I got on eBay awhile back. Here's one on there now; search for item number 370688972784 and good luck in your search!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the ideas and reply's guys! I think I am going to snag one off ebay for a solid price and worst case scenario if I don't like the look of it I will then Plasti Dip it. Just so then my original is standing by if I mess anything up!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Something you might consider is trading. I swapped out my black one for a chrome one from a red charger, chrome looks better on the plums.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Heres the one i got, and heres a picture for ya

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
I plastidipped my '10. No need to buy a backup grille if you go that route. Even if you screw up, you can't hurt the grille. Just tape it off, and spray it. No need to sand/scuff it, or anything. If it looks like poo, peel the PD and you're back to your unharmed stock grille.

If you are still opposed to that you can buy a grille from Certifit. They sell replacement parts to body shops. I used them a few times to customize cars/trucks, and the parts always fit like the factory parts did. I haven't used them recently because you usually can't get a lot of current model stuff, but '06-'10 Charger parts should be plentiful. Here's a link to a black/gray grille (shell and inserts) for $69.50. → Certifit grille

And here's a photo of what you need to do to PD the grille on the car. ↓

Attachments

·
Registered
747 Posts
I just took a Daytona VIN # and ordered one of those grilles from my local dealership. $250 I think it was. And another $65 for the heritage R/T badge.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
632 Posts
This is my grill;

It's a cheap one (about $45 or so) I got on eBay awhile back. Here's one on there now; search for item number 370688972784 and good luck in your search!
That's the same grill that I have. I would recommend using black plastidip on the inside of the facia before putting this grill in if you don't have a black car or you will see your paint through the grill.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i got the daytona grille and plasti dipped the cross with the grille and added r/t emblem and looks great and mean at the same time!

·
Registered
49 Posts
i got the daytona grille and plasti dipped the cross with the grille and added r/t emblem and looks great and mean at the same time!
let see some pics!

·
Registered
440 Posts
there is a guy on here selling a Daytona grille that's carbon fiber dipped and it is awesome . I think all he wants is 170 well worth it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm sorry guys I'm not liking the flat grille . looks like chicken wire .
I like the OEM Daytona myself , I'm getting the danko 69 charger grille with the honey comb back insert. Going to paint it gomango to match the car the car and redo the paint on the nose of the car as well. the honey comb will be black .
Going to add the script charger with the rt .

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm sorry guys I'm not liking the flat grille . looks like chicken wire .
I like the OEM Daytona myself , I'm getting the danko 69 charger grille with the honey comb back insert. Going to paint it gomango to match the car the car and redo the paint on the nose of the car as well. the honey comb will be black .
Going to add the script charger with the rt .
how can i put the charger script? is it same as the rt with the clips at the back? i couldnt find any for sale that fits the honeycomb

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts