Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a new 2014 charger pitch black what does everyone reccomend to keep in the car for bird droppings my 2011 charger in bright white got hit with bird droppings and it left etching in the paint I used meguires compound to. Anything I can keep in the trunk? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
Microfiber cloth and some Meguiar's detail spray.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
A car cover.
Sorry, just had to do it! lol
But as Flex said times 2.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
... and a decent technique for removing said droppings.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Im sorry but thats too much lol I dont have the patience to do all that just for one drop of bird crap. I do it safely and spray it off and all but I do it as I clean the whole car. Im not getting 4 different things out and getting different rags and showering a spot on my car with cleaner just for that. Im sure all that works well and all but Id bet itll work just as good with half of the liquid he used and just using a basic microfiber cleaning towel for either spot. To me hes just making it a lot more complicated than it needs to be

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Im sorry but thats too much lol I dont have the patience to do all that just for one drop of bird crap. I do it safely and spray it off and all but I do it as I clean the whole car. Im not getting 4 different things out and getting different rags and showering a spot on my car with cleaner just for that. Im sure all that works well and all but Id bet itll work just as good with half of the liquid he used and just using a basic microfiber cleaning towel for either spot. To me hes just making it a lot more complicated than it needs to be
It depends on what your level of acceptance is to jacked up looking paint. I am extreme to a lot of folks. At the same time, I would probably cringe if I inspected your paint. One thing is for sure, you probably wouldn't want to park next to me at a car show. ;)

And one thing about me, I actually DRIVE my car. It has 150,000 miles on it and she gets her fair share of track time.

And here's what it looks like when you fire the flash off into the paint, or capture a light source in the reflection. Notice: Not ONE swirl mark.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Don't get me wrong I definitely take care of my paint job. All I have to do it a nice polish and wax job after a nice detailed wash and she's good to go. The only mark you'll see is where someone smashed my passenger door with their door. I just go by what the other said. A microfiber towel and some cleaner and your good to go. I don't feel all that other stuff is necessary to get it to come out nice. Beautiful Zo6 btw :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts