Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got my BilletTechnology Door Sills in today and immediately went to the garage to install them. They Look fantastic!!! Thanks again Heidi!!

Check em out!!

Now if you look above you may notice a little something different just below my right AC vent.

I finally got my a$$ over to my parts guy and ordered a vent assembly from a Daytona VIN and installed it. My whole reason was so I could have my own little plaque just like the Daytona and SRT folks have. So I made up a couple different laser engraved plates and this is what I got for the time being. If I know myself, I will end up thinking of something else for it to say and I'll end up switching it out eventually.

Whatcha Think??

BTW, the part # for the Daytona vent assembly is - 1CS631DVAA

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[email protected], I was working on that. Was hoping to be the first. :D Have the vent in my trunk, even.
Sorry to steal your thunder brotha! I've been laggin' on getting it done too. I've had the parts for quite a while.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
That vent mod is sweet ... I've been looking at the ugly "DODGE" imprint at the bottom, wondering of a way to cover it up ... that makes total sense.

How much was the vent ?

Also, any idea where a company (hint hint BT) might sell different badges for that bottom spot ?

I'd be interested in "HEMI" (of course), "Charger" (script), "All Wheel Drive" or "AWD".

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Look awsome! I plan on getting the sill plates soon as well :)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
You don't need to order the vent to put the plate on do you?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
The Daytona vent has that space where the numbered plate would go so it makes it look great. I suppose if you trusted your skills you could shave the Dodge lettering and flatten out the space a bit to put a different plate on.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That vent mod is sweet ... I've been looking at the ugly "DODGE" imprint at the bottom, wondering of a way to cover it up ... that makes total sense.

How much was the vent ?

Also, any idea where a company (hint hint BT) might sell different badges for that bottom spot ?

I'd be interested in "HEMI" (of course), "Charger" (script), "All Wheel Drive" or "AWD".
The vent cost me a little over $60. As for BT, I did run it accross them and was told it would be a bit pricey to do because it would be a one-off part. Now...If there was enough interest in folks wanting something custom for that spot and it was cost effective for BT to start producing them, They just might. Start making some noise folks, and it may happen. (and maybe I can get a mod named after me too! LOL):lol:

More than likely your vent assembly has the "DODGE" raised letters on it just like my R/T did. The Daytona vent assembly has a recessed area for the "Daytona" plaque that comes with them. That is way I had to swap out the vent assembly to put MY plaque there.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Lovin the door sills/plates. I can't wait to get mine for my Super Bee. Should be any day now.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
How hard is it to swap out the vent assembly? Anyone have directions?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Push the actual vent all the way up and pull out on the front plate. Work your way down. It just pops out.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you end up getting the new vent assembly, you'll see where the six snaps are. If you very carefully slide a thin flathead SD where the right SIDE clip is and slowly pry, the whole assembly comes right out.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Luke, looks awesome. yes, if we can get enough interest in for the vent plate we will do them. Group buy anyone?? :) We could bring them down probably to around $59-$79 dollars for some cool designs in black chrome and different colors with engraves after

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
How are the sill plates attached and are they fronts only or front and rears?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts