Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I finally ordered my front and rear emblems from Billet Tech for my SRT.
I also ordered front and rear sill plates.
My question is for those that have already done the rear emblem on your trunk lids. I don't want to damage my paint.. so how did you remove the old emblem without doing any harm. Also how did you sill plates turn out?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

·
Registered
555 Posts
BT is great you made a wise decision. I used dental floss and nearly ripped my fingers off going back and forth -- no joke..my fingers are STILL SORE from that and it was well over a week ago I installed them...but it works great. Go in a see-saw motion. Pretty simple to do and all BT parts come with sealed instructions.

Others have said you can use fishing line but that's much rougher and some have said on emblem removal fishing line had caused some paint damage which is why I didn't use it. After the floss removed the emblem there was leftover adhesive...go to autozone and get the goo gone STICKER REMOVER use that with a microfiber towel/rag with some elbow grease and it will be like brand new and ready for install of the new emblem.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Blitz.
How did your emblems look?
Heidi seemed very nice and they made me a real good deal
over the phone. Can't wait to get them.

·
Registered
555 Posts
The emblems are awesome to say the least. I was really thinking of doing something specialized but figured the emblems weren't the area to do it and decided with an OEM ram head made to BT's high quality standards.

I was gonna do something more mean looking like the 2nd emblem you see, but decided with the more OEM style one. I love it and the quality is superb. When you get yours take pics and post them....mine are attached...any other questions let me know.

By the way, Heidi is great and was very responsive and sent my stuff lightning quick -- I also got a nice deal. I'll be ordering more from them in the future for sure.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
BT is great you made a wise decision. I used dental floss and nearly ripped my fingers off going back and forth -- no joke..my fingers are STILL SORE from that and it was well over a week ago I installed them...but it works great. Go in a see-saw motion. Pretty simple to do and all BT parts come with sealed instructions.

Others have said you can use fishing line but that's much rougher and some have said on emblem removal fishing line had caused some paint damage which is why I didn't use it. After the floss removed the emblem there was leftover adhesive...go to autozone and get the goo gone STICKER REMOVER use that with a microfiber towel/rag with some elbow grease and it will be like brand new and ready for install of the new emblem.
If i may add to this.You can use wd-40 to remove the glue.No it will not hurt your paint and IMO works better then go-gone..Save ya a trip to the store..:grin:

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I used dental floss for mine. Didnt feel great on the fingers but it didnt damage the decal.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Are there no screws for the hood emblem??? Only glue??

·
Registered
342 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Those look great... I am thinking of doing this as well. What do you guys think of this look. Keep in mind I live in San Diego so the Charger Bolt and Padres Logo fits my application. The photo is taken looking at my back window.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
i used a plastic scraper on a hot day to remove all the badging - the front

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just got my BT parts in the mail today and they look really good!
Thanks to Heidi for the great prices and service!
Now if I can convince DW to let me put them on before Christmas.....:pray:

·
Registered
293 Posts
I hope my BT things come tomorrow lol..I'm going crazy waiting

·
Registered
249 Posts

So you get goo-gone at autozone, but where do you buy ELBOW Grease ?:confused: ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts