Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks we will be posting this down in our thread also. Here is our report from Dan this morning. We will post pictures as soon as we are able to do so after our patent attorney gives us the ok to do so

We have installed our prototype spacers and the results are very promising. We have seen a great temperature drop from the heads to the manifold. 30 degrees at idle for 20 minutes and 40 to 50 degree difference right after running the engine hard around town. These are not made from phenolic,they do not require gaskets,and they will be reusable in regards to you can take off your manifiold and replace them without any chance of leaks. They are port matched to the manifold slightly larger than the intake to allow for any inconsistancy in the cast manifold. They will come with stainless hardware and also dowel pins to align your new spacers with the construction holes and keep them inline while assembling for the best possible flow . This is a high Tech space age material and we have applied for patents on both material and our leak free design. More information to come soon!

The parts have also been precision machined to flatness of .002 ensuring there will be no gaps and therefore no leaks.

Thanks,
Dan
B.T.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Dan, how are you measuring temps? Also, if you have logging software, of a Dashawk, have you logged IAT temps? I wonder if dropping manifold temps will drop the temps at that sensor, which heat soaks pretty bad.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dan, how are you measuring temps? Also, if you have logging software, of a Dashawk, have you logged IAT temps? I wonder if dropping manifold temps will drop the temps at that sensor, which heat soaks pretty bad.
We used a hand held temp gun. I'm going to PM Scott who is beta testing for us to come on in here and give you more details.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scott is going to run these on his car for about a week, we are then going to pull them off and check everything. At that time we can Dash Hawk him up also.

We also are in the process of lining up an independant lab to verify our test results.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts