Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided that this post needed to be put here rather than our BT Thread (also going to post in our thread too)

As some of you are aware we are in development of a new Manifold Spacer. Here is some infomation for you all below from our Dyno today. Special thanks to Scott, Cam, BT Dan, and Johan and Diablo for todays exciting developments.

BT's second gen prototype spacers show a 8 HP gain and a 30 degree temp decrease on the intake manifold over the factory gaskets. First pull was with factory gaskets, second pull was with our spacers at the same engine coolant temp, and humidity as the first pull.

We had a temp sensor mounted on the Manifold on each pull. This number shows up in the column labled Manifold when I get the spreadsheets uploaded.

We will be posting pictures very very soon. I am still waiting for our attorney to give the thumbs up on that.

Until I can get the excel spreedsheet data up on our site if you would like to see the information please email me at [email protected] and I will shoot you over a zip file. I will have a link with comprehensive dyno results on our site tomorrow.

The 2nd Gen spacers will be off the Beta tester on Friday or Saturday of this week and we will be evaluating. We already have the 3rd Generation prototypes designed and ready to be manufactured shortly. We will then put those on our beta tester, run them for a bit then go to production. We anticipate a group buy to be ready in November.

Our spacers are not made of phenolic, but a brand new material. Based on our material and design we are in the process of patenting the product. We are not using gaskets to seal these. The sealing is built right in to the product itself.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Call me stupid. What is an intake spacer, what does it do, and why does it do it. Hey, I just ordered their catch can. Is this something
else I can get to separate me from my money?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Excellent idea. Heck if making a better intake is too hard, go for a spacer!

How about something for the 5.7 folks!?!?!?

:)

·
Banned
206 Posts
Wow, those results are really unbelievable for just intake spacers. You'd think that if they added HP they would do so by shifting the powerband since the spacers lengthen the intake tract.

What was the engine coolant temp and intake air temp for both runs?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Read the link. Still not getting it. Is it that copper thing, which looks like some sort of thick gasket under the intake runners? If so, why does that do anything?

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Folks I sent a PM to 1fst4dr and I also will be linking this to Cam over on LX so they can come in and explain to you. The dyno was done with no bias by Johan at Diablo, and the link I provided to you from Cam over on LX on the tests he did on Friday were without bias also. Yes, Cam is a beta tester for us, but if there is problems or something not right he is going to tell it like it is. All results will be posted good and bad.

We also will not release the product until we are 100% sure it is ready to stand up under real world conditions and under real wear an engine abuse. Both Cam and Scott are running the BT GEN 2 spacer. We currently have GEN 3 getting ready to go, and those pieces will go thru the same tests. The Gen 2's that are on both Scott and Cam's rides improved over GEN 1 to improve the stability of the product, and with Gen. 3 we are reinforcing areas of concern.

This is how we do it here at BT/Vertex. We make every effort to do a complete R&D and do what ever it takes to make sure that the production product is sound. We do not purchase another companies product and knock it off, and we do not copy other's work. We invest time and money and complete tests to make sure we can put our name on it and be able to stand behind it. The product will never be outsourced overseas, and will always be made by us here at our facility.

Our foray into the spacer market came about by folks asking us on our trip to E-Town this year, and even as far back as Spring Fest in Cali if we may be able to offer an alternative. It took us some time to do our homework and have a fellow LX'er, Cam provide us with a 6.1 manifold to take our measurements and draw our prints. We are very encouraged to date, and we will be keeping everyone posted along the way.

Many folks have been emailing and calling us after viewing the Dyno results on our home page about 5.7 spacers. It has not been ruled out, and if we do proceed, we will be placing them in the hands of 2 very experienced 5.7 racers.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, those results are really unbelievable for just intake spacers. You'd think that if they added HP they would do so by shifting the powerband since the spacers lengthen the intake tract.

You can go and download the full data sheets from our Dyno at Diablo on the front page of our website. All the temperature data is provided. I am not sure what the temps were for Cam's tests that he performed on Friday.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts

They do not add hp.
I didnt pick up 8 hp but I saved 8hp per say..When these cars get hot and heat soak sets in you will lose Hp.Sometines as much as 15hp maybe more maybe less..The spacers keeps the intake cooler so the heat soak doesnt set in as fast... If the car makes 425 hp at the crank and you add the spacers it WILL NOT make 433hp.Know what I mean??
You see more info here...http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=85807

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Perfectly put! Guys, when I can launch between 150 and 160 watertemp, I know I'm going to get .1 to .15 over a 185 run.....usually (tons of variables).

We spend a lot of time trying to get more power at cooler temps, this is an easy way to accomplish that and be apply to apply the existing horsepower better. Doesn't create HP's, just let's you use more of the ones there.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Perfectly put! Guys, when I can launch between 150 and 160 watertemp, I know I'm going to get .1 to .15 over a 185 run.....usually (tons of variables).

We spend a lot of time trying to get more power at cooler temps, this is an easy way to accomplish that and be apply to apply the existing horsepower better. Doesn't create HP's, just let's you use more of the ones there.

Exactly!!..Now take that and add a product that needs no gaskets,Can be used over and over.You Will be able to port match to what your specs are.
And was just proven to keep the temps more then "Other brands out there"
Stay tuned:smoke:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts