Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided that this post needed to be put here rather than our BT Thread (also going to post in our thread too)

As some of you are aware we are in development of a new Manifold Spacer. Here is some infomation for you all below from our Dyno today. Special thanks to Scott, Cam, BT Dan, and Johan and Diablo for todays exciting developments.

BT's second gen prototype spacers show a 8 HP gain and a 30 degree temp decrease on the intake manifold over the factory gaskets. First pull was with factory gaskets, second pull was with our spacers at the same engine coolant temp, and humidity as the first pull.

We had a temp sensor mounted on the Manifold on each pull. This number shows up in the column labled Manifold when I get the spreadsheets uploaded.

We will be posting pictures very very soon. I am still waiting for our attorney to give the thumbs up on that.

Until I can get the excel spreedsheet data up on our site if you would like to see the information please email me at [email protected] and I will shoot you over a zip file. I will have a link with comprehensive dyno results on our site tomorrow.

The 2nd Gen spacers will be off the Beta tester on Friday or Saturday of this week and we will be evaluating. We already have the 3rd Generation prototypes designed and ready to be manufactured shortly. We will then put those on our beta tester, run them for a bit then go to production. We anticipate a group buy to be ready in November.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
this is going to ruin the commonly held belief that manifold spacers do nothing towards HP gains......

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
very impressive indeed.

stupid question:
is the intall one these as simple as removing the intake manifold swapping in your spacer with the gasket and bolting the manifold back down?
as in anyone with a socket wrench and some logic could do it?

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you Steve ^^

Yes, installation is easy just take the gasket out and install our units, and we will be supplying all new hardware for you to install.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
GB by the end of Nov? righteous. should give me ample time time to get new tires and a couple other necessities before then and still be solid on cash for one of these babies to go along with spiffin up my engine bay in a functional way along with the strut tower bar

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Is this only for the 6.1? Nothing for the 5.7?
All we have tested so far is the 6.1.One of the reasons is the intake manifold is made of aluminum.The 5.7 is a composite material,so it doesnt suffer as much heat soak as the 6.1.As we know aluminum is one hell of a heat conductor....

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
very impressive indeed.

stupid question:
is the intall one these as simple as removing the intake manifold swapping in your spacer with the gasket and bolting the manifold back down?
as in anyone with a socket wrench and some logic could do it?

Extremly easy!!..We will provide step by step instructions with purchase.Not to mention a list of simple tools you will need..I can do it in 10 minutes :)

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Folks we have a link on our home page for you to down load the zip file and to get all the dyno data. Just scroll down a bit and you will have a large tab that you will click that says Dyno Results for our 6.1 Intake Manifold Spacers.

www.billettechnology.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts