Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have pics of one of these installed on a 6.1L??

·
Registered
794 Posts
PM 1FAST4DR. He has pics that show his.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ty sir most helpfull

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey guys i got a question, whats the purpose of the Billet oil catch can...?

i mean what does it do or what....???:knockout:

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
here you go:

looks like that hose is kinda kinked going from external of catcher to port on manifold

hey guys i got a question, whats the purpose of the Billet oil catch can...?

i mean what does it do or what....???:knockout:
it filters oil liquid from oil vapors keeping fresh oil from puddling back in your intake or manifold

·
Registered
341 Posts
I put mine on recently and it's amazing how much stuff it's already catching.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I hate to jack a thread, but I saw a guy with a air compressor filter instead of the large can from billet at a local M&G. It looked like it was functioning just as well as the billet catch can. Only costs about $20 and its glass so you can see whats in it without unscrewing anything.

<3 Liquid

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
i just checked my BT oil catch can after 500 miles and there was around an 1/8 " of stuff in it, so it does work:grin: i usually only put 30-40 miles on my car per day

·
Registered
341 Posts
I hate to jack a thread, but I saw a guy with a air compressor filter instead of the large can from billet at a local M&G. It looked like it was functioning just as well as the billet catch can. Only costs about $20 and its glass so you can see whats in it without unscrewing anything.
That's cool, and cheaper, and nice to see what's in it without having to unscrew the thing, but it's kinda ugly, lol. Though, if I hadn't bought my BT catch can already, I probably would have bought that one anyway since nobody looks under my hood as I fly by them. :)

·
Registered
862 Posts

<3 Liquid
Kinda looks like an IV bottle.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I would helps with cooler intake temps don't have to repass all the hot air through the intake and cylinders

1 - 13 of 13 Posts