Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Charger R/T Triple Nickel
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery of my factory ordered 2021 Charger RT 5.7 a few weeks ago and decided to get billet’s catch can. I started to install and realized the male brass fittings that are supposed to slide into the car’s rubber pieces and the kit’s hoses are way too loose for the car’s rubber. The fittings are 1/2 inch(same with the hoses) but the rubber pieces are 5/8 inch. Has anyone else had this issue when installing their catch can?? I hope billet will accommodate for this…
Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread Vehicle

screenshot from a video I took, but basically the brass slides in and out freely. It is not tight whatsoever. The short factory hose is 5/8” as well.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I took delivery of my factory ordered 2021 Charger RT 5.7 a few weeks ago and decided to get billet’s catch can. I started to install and realized the male brass fittings that are supposed to slide into the car’s rubber pieces and the kit’s hoses are way too loose for the car’s rubber. The fittings are 1/2 inch(same with the hoses) but the rubber pieces are 5/8 inch. Has anyone else had this issue when installing their catch can?? I hope billet will accommodate for this… View attachment 300699

screenshot from a video I took, but basically the brass slides in and out freely. It is not tight whatsoever. The short factory hose is 5/8” as well.
Lubricate with oil and push it in all the way you bearly put it in bro.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lubricate with oil and push it in all the way you bearly put it in bro.

As I said, it’s a screenshot of a video. I put it in as far as I can and it slides out with no resistance. There is no way a 1/2” fitting will sit “tight” in a 5/8” hole

·
Registered
179 Posts
As I said, it’s a screenshot of a video. I put it in as far as I can and it slides out with no resistance. There is no way a 1/2” fitting will sit “tight” in a 5/8” hole
You could always just put some clamps to keep it snug for a piece of mind. How is the hose length size? If its not too short you should be fine. If it fits all the way in and it's a straight line to the pcv you will be OK. I had a few of their catch cans over the years and I always lubricate it with oil and it stays easy to slide in and out which is what you want because it's a PITA to remove if it's dry. Plus it prevents the rubber from drying out and cracking

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought about hose clamps. Or even getting 1/2-5/8 inch fittings. Seems bothersome to have to buy extra hardware when I spent $140 on a kit that billet claims is precisely manufactured to fit these vehicles. What can you do tho…

·
Registered
179 Posts
I thought about hose clamps. Or even getting 1/2-5/8 inch fittings. Seems bothersome to have to buy extra hardware when I spent $140 on a kit that billet claims is precisely manufactured to fit these vehicles. What can you do tho…
Reach out to them I'm sure nick will send you the correct parts. Mistakes do happen especially in such a busy workplace. When thsg messed part of my order they sent me the replacement free of charge

·
Registered
219 Posts
I put some band clamps on mine, just in case, didn't need them at the can.
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design
case. Didn't need them at the can.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts