Charger Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Fuel Rails, I need some Billet rails with -8 fitting to handle the increased HP
thanks

Ours should be available very soon. I've already done an install of a different set. Needless to say that is why these are coming out. The other set were chinese junk that were dangerous in my opinion. the hold downs were a joke. Ours are American made and the best quality fuel rail I've seen. They are engineered, not just a stick with holes in them. Height and injector angle were optimized unlike most other aftermarket rails.

http://www.dcxdepot.com/Fuel-System/c123/p769/dPG-High-Flow-Billet-Fuel-Rails-for-5.7-&-6.1-HEMI/product_info.html

· Registered
44 Posts
Beware of fuel rails with welded on mounting tabs. I've used those in the past and almost all of them fatigued over time and cracked. Actually had a set let go at 130 MPH spraying fuel all over the windsheild of the car.

And that was at the ford fuel pressure of 40 psi. DCX fuel pressure is much higher. Not saying this to pump our rails up but this is a huge saftey issue and if I didn't share that info I would feel bad if someone had an issue with them and burned their car to the ground.

We had a metalugist take a look at a few sets and in most cases (but not all) a different grade of aluminum was used for the tab as compared to the rail making it more difficult to get a good weld. But even on a set that had the same exact aluminum, there were hairline cracks on all 4 tabs.

Ken

· Registered
1,218 Posts
here you go...as Black 08 said we have CPR rails, we have been using/selling these for 2 years for the LX cars and much longer for other makes and models.

Here is a link:
http://www.bmcspeedshop.com/product_p/cpr4004001.htm

We also have custom braided fuel crossover lines available as well
If you have a 5.7 DO NOT go with CPR fuel rails, you will need to grind down your manifold to make them work, and they still do not fit properly. There has been documented proof of CPR admitting they had a design flaw when making theirs. Go with the BT or DCX rails, no CPR. They have been a nightmare for me for 8 months now.

· Registered
3,239 Posts
Ken,
the ones you linked....

why do they look so similar to the 2009 5.7L fuel rails?

· Registered
1,084 Posts
If you have a 5.7 DO NOT go with CPR fuel rails, you will need to grind down your manifold to make them work, and they still do not fit properly. There has been documented proof of CPR admitting they had a design flaw when making theirs. Go with the BT or DCX rails, no CPR. They have been a nightmare for me for 8 months now.
CPR re-designed their rails a while back, due to feedback from a couple people. :)

· Registered
44 Posts
Ken,
the ones you linked....

why do they look so similar to the 2009 5.7L fuel rails?
That's just an example of what they will look like. Final design is not done. Trust me, when you see these rails, you'll understand why you need these, lol.

Don't want this to turn into a vendor war, but I used to sell CPR starting 6 years ago. Every set out there cracks. I'm not asking you to take my word on it. Look them up on all the Ford boards.

· Registered
1,084 Posts
Beware of fuel rails with welded on mounting tabs. I've used those in the past and almost all of them fatigued over time and cracked. Actually had a set let go at 130 MPH spraying fuel all over the windsheild of the car.

And that was at the ford fuel pressure of 40 psi. DCX fuel pressure is much higher. Not saying this to pump our rails up but this is a huge saftey issue and if I didn't share that info I would feel bad if someone had an issue with them and burned their car to the ground.

We had a metalugist take a look at a few sets and in most cases (but not all) a different grade of aluminum was used for the tab as compared to the rail making it more difficult to get a good weld. But even on a set that had the same exact aluminum, there were hairline cracks on all 4 tabs.

Ken
I guess we've all had different experiences with the CPR rails. I have a 850+ hp Mustang with CPR rails and zero issues for several years. We have about 3-4 customer cars with 800+ hp Mustangs also with CPR rails and, again, no issues. I don't know why ours would work fine and others not, but I just wanted to mention that CPR rails have withstood just fine here.

· Registered
3,239 Posts
That's just an example of what they will look like. Final design is not done. Trust me, when you see these rails, you'll understand why you need these, lol.

Don't want this to turn into a vendor war, but I used to sell CPR starting 6 years ago. Every set out there cracks. I'm not asking you to take my word on it. Look them up on all the Ford boards.
gotcha.
well they better do more than look pretty for 300 big ones.
they gonna be tapped and ready for front crossovers etc?

· Registered
1,084 Posts

· Registered
2,026 Posts
CPR is about to release polished, all billet rails for the 5.7, 6.1 that have solid billet tabs (no welding), so for anyone concerned about that, in 1-2 weeks we will have these ...

Price: $239.88
More information: http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101954
Why do they always show them pretty side up.....I would like to see the injector bungs.Are they deeper than the last generation rail cause that was the problem.The injector would not sit deep enough in the rail half the time.

· Registered
1,218 Posts
Why do they always show them pretty side up.....I would like to see the injector bungs.Are they deeper than the last generation rail cause that was the problem.The injector would not sit deep enough in the rail half the time.
Yea the injectors dont sit in there snug at all. the 2 little screws that hold on the half covers are basically your only saving grace with the CPR rails. The fact that they dont sit down into the injector properly, and the fact that you need to grind down the 5.7 manifold to make them work, make them a PITA. I hope the new CPR rails change this

· Registered
44 Posts
gotcha.
well they better do more than look pretty for 300 big ones.
they gonna be tapped and ready for front crossovers etc?

Not only that, but they will have two auxilary ports to make it very easy to add a fuel pressure gauge or a place to get fuel for a nitrous kit.

As you can see, there is an advantage to having them full billet or else CPR wouldn't be coming out with those since they've been welding them on for years. Not trying to bash, it's just the facts. Like I said, search modularfords or any of the other large forums where CPR rails used to be used alot for alot of feedback.

I do give them credit for changing the design based on where they see the market going. For a long time they were the only option for the KB twin screw cars so people lived with them. Then when all the competition came out, things changed.

I've sold hundreds of CPR rails. We offer a upgraded fuel system for 2003-2004 Cobra's that was very popular and we used CPR. So I have a ton of experience with them. My kits were probably on over a hundred 600+rwhp Cobras, many in the 700+ range.

In fact, I just realized that I need to change the description and picture of our system on our site.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.