Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
i'm sure you could find a bigger wing but i dont think it'd look right. and unless you get one about the size of the one in that pic, it wont make enough down force to make a difference. wings that big look ricer to me

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agreed

i'm sure you could find a bigger wing but i dont think it'd look right. and unless you get one about the size of the one in that pic, it wont make enough down force to make a difference. wings that big look ricer to me
Yep, I do not want it to look Ricer or stupid, but would like to generate some more downforce back there.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
well if you know you're gunna do a high speed run you could put somethin heavy in the trunk. i know its not as efficient, but it might help...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dude theres nothing wrong with the drift charger wing, its very effective for down force. The car has a tall profile and the air flow comes right off the top. The daytona spoiler is not tall enough to catch that air, so less down force on the back end. I have maxed my rt out also and if you want to run fast you need that down force. Check out aprperformance.com
I bought their front wind splitter and is looking to get the their spoiler also. Good luck bro.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Well as much as I like my factory Daytona wing, I would like to find something that is a little higher, and grabs a little more air, making more downforce.

The Mopar Drift is too big ya think, but appears to be up in the air stream where it should be.

Is there anything a bit more effective at high speeds available? I live in an area where I can push the top end of my charger, and it does get a little silly in the arse at high speeds.

It does not have to look great, if it works, but decent looks would be nice. Any ideas?

Thanks.
you need too upgrade your suspention too fix that arse problem.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dude theres nothing wrong with the drift charger wing, its very effective for down force. The car has a tall profile and the air flow comes right off the top. The daytona spoiler is not tall enough to catch that air, so less down force on the back end. I have maxed my rt out also and if you want to run fast you need that down force. Check out aprperformance.com
I bought their front wind splitter and is looking to get the their spoiler also. Good luck bro.
Hey Thanks! I'll check em out.

Also, I have my dampers setup nice, but the roads out here are not the greatest either, and I tend to semi-drift through corners I could be sticking with a bit more downforce.

Funny - I can run 180+ on my Busa with the front end bobbing but having 4 contact patches makes the same road give alot more feedback - maybe more than I want at times :)

·
Registered
608 Posts
I say go for the suspention because if you going for that drastic a change you might as get a whole performance body kit and wieght reduction mod.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I say go for the suspention because if you going for that drastic a change you might as get a whole performance body kit and wieght reduction mod.
I have already upgraded my suspension, I'm having trouble keeping the rear stuck exiting corners.

Maybe it would help for me to not drive my daytona like it's a bike?

Putting on some fat sticky meats in a week or two, that should help some.

I do like the wind splitter and wings offered by this company though...

APR Wind Splitter

APR Adjustable Rear Wing

Unlike so many other "decorative" parts, these are designed to Function. :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Cars don't have wings! They have spoilers! :D j/k. That APR thing looks too ricey, in my opinion. But hey! Do what you want! There are tons of companies that make functional spoilers....just depends how much you're willing to spend. Enjoy!

·
Registered
29 Posts
What makes a car look ricey-a high performance spoiler, I personnaly don't belive that, all high performance cars that go for speed has a spoiler like the one in question, it really depends on the kind of driving you do. This is for you guys that like to baby your ride, are you men or boys step on the pedal and hold the #[email protected] on.

·
Registered
608 Posts
What makes a car look ricey-a high performance spoiler, I personnaly don't belive that, all high performance cars that go for speed has a spoiler like the one in question, it really depends on the kind of driving you do. This is for you guys that like to baby your ride, are you men or boys step on the pedal and hold the #[email protected] on.
I think most of us do straight line drag racing I really dont think where built to for taking High speed sharp turns. Now Ricers have there place when comes to racing I think you'll find plenty of people here who respect the power of a WRX. If your Charger serves no purpose but to race then Go for it. But if the car serves as a part time race car and full time Daily driver then it falls into the rediculous side of mods.

·
Registered
902 Posts
if they made a air splitter for the Charger I would be all over that thing. I have actually thought of buying a sheet of high dense carbon fiber and making one. The main reason for me is that at high speeds the front fascia distort like crazy, and the paint has begun to crack around the head lights. Also at high speeds the entire front of the car feels as tho it fills up with air and becomes loose while diving into long banking curves coming out of the straights at the track we autocross at.I wonder if the widest one they offer would be wide enough to trim down to fit the Charger front.

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
CircleA: interesting notes... methinks having the front end fly off at 140+ would be... inconvenient... :(

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
if they made a air splitter for the Charger I would be all over that thing. I have actually thought of buying a sheet of high dense carbon fiber and making one. The main reason for me is that at high speeds the front fascia distort like crazy, and the paint has begun to crack around the head lights. Also at high speeds the entire front of the car feels as tho it fills up with air and becomes loose while diving into long banking curves coming out of the straights at the track we autocross at.I wonder if the widest one they offer would be wide enough to trim down to fit the Charger front.
Hey bud, they do have an applicable wind splitter, and I am gonna grab one, requires some trimming underneath but should fit and work well. I have not seen any evidence of my face cracking yet, but I'm not exactly looking forward to it hehehe

I do run my charger very hard on high speed roads. I live in an area where we still have some roads we can run high speed with no traffic, and see people coming far enough out to lift and pass reasonably so we don't blow em off the road.

Good points also on the use of the charger - mine is my assault vehicle, my Road Attack Vehicle Extreme or R.A.V.E. haha j/k, but I only drive it after work and out on the fast runs we have out here.

The Charger Daytona has a neat history - I'm trying to enjoy that in my new charger and having alot of fun! Got my diffuser all installed tonight and it looks great!

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
id spend money on a new suspension to fix my high speed handling problems before i turned my car ugly with a park bench wing.

too many people ignore their suspension and the important role it plays in sports cars. you cant control the power without a good suspension.

springs/shocks will not only tighten up your handling and firm the rear end up.
but they will also lower your car a bit, leaving less room for air to get under your car and lift it up.

new tires may also help.

id do everything in my power to stay away from an ugly ass ricer wing. personally

·
Registered
708 Posts
Hey Thanks! I'll check em out.

Also, I have my dampers setup nice, but the roads out here are not the greatest either, and I tend to semi-drift through corners I could be sticking with a bit more downforce.

Funny - I can run 180+ on my Busa with the front end bobbing but having 4 contact patches makes the same road give alot more feedback - maybe more than I want at times :)
Yeah - ur gonna need to go about 180 in your charger for one of these wings to make any difference - then you'll need a serious suspension upgrade to handle the downward pressure.

Where do you go 180 on your Busa?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts