Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am keeping my stock size tires and have been reasonably happy with the good years that came on my 5.7 daytona charger (2018), but want some input on replacement tires. Considering pirelli p zeros, but don't want tires that wear to nothing in 10k miles. Daily driver, no track running, but do tend to accelerate somewhat quickly on occasion (hee hee). My stock tires stop on a dime on dry pavement, wet is a whole different situation. Not looking to break the bank, but knowledgeable opinions would be welcome. I love my charger but mostly want to keep it stock, no major changes to motor transmission etc. I did change to 89 Oct rather that 91 and my mileage went up 2 mpg! Wow, put super In my 07 charger for 180k miles.....duhh. anyway, any suggestions or reccomendations would be welcome. Love this forum !!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I ran those on my 05 Mustang GT and loved them. Plan on picking up some for my 18 Daytona 392 when needed.
Had a set on my 06, put them on my Magnum and the first thing I did after getting the latest one. Have literally drove them in all three elements. I only wish they offered them in the size my truck takes.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Best depends on what you want in a tire. If you want summer tires I can recomend the BFG G Force Sport Comp2's. Had them on my last SRT8 now on my Charger.

·
Registered
32 Posts

My 18 392 Daytona came with the Pirelli PZero’s they are ok, their are prob better tires out there, but at tire rack you can get them on close outs from 2016 production at a great price while they are in stock... $111 per tire.
I wanted to change mine out for some continentals but at this price I said screw that and got another set.
For everyday usage it’s a great tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'm running the General G-MAX AS-05 and they are wearing nicely. I'm not easy on tires and these are holding up and performing very well. They own the rain. I will run another set.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I've had VERY good experiences with Conti DWS 06 tires as well. Used on my 2015 Mustang GT and a bunch of Audi's (from A4 all the way up to A8L). A little expensive, but a great all around tire.

Best,

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
For summer tires, Michelin is the best IME. The Pilot Sport P4S are amazing in the rain as well as dry. It is one of the few summer tires with a mileage warranty. Contintental has the other summer tire with a mileage warranty. For winter I run the Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2.

GTO_04

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I had 2 sets of those dws 06 tires and both had vibration issues. They also were wearing way quicker than they were supposed to.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Michelins are good but they are expensive and have soft sidewalls that make them prone to puncture and hard to mount.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts