Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a stroker kit but I need help. I currently have a heavily modified 2013 Charger R/T Plus AWD. My mods are 87mm throttle body, comps cam 270, Jet 180 t-stat, American racing awd headers and high flow cats, fti 2800-3000 stall converter, ATI flex plate, Corsa quad extreme exhaust and LMI True Cai.

I am trying to go from 5.7 to 410 stroker because I want to add a supercharger at some point. I'll my current mods will allow for a supercharger to be added but I want to purchase I quality stroker kit to really harness the engine power.

Any ideas of previous experience would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Try Shophemi.com they have many stroker kits (on sale) I have a 5.7 to 6.4 stroker, with cam heads and a Magnacharger love the combo running 6 psi boost I have 530hp rear wheel hp! They can help you, give Wyatt a call!

Reactions: BeEasy

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Agree with above ^^^. Shophemi has great prices for the kits (on the expensive side for installation). HighHorsePerformance is another and also PWR in Alabama.

Have you dyno'd your current setup?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did 402rwhp and 384tq. I need to find an AWD dyno probably in the spring to see what those numbers are.

Agree with above ^^^. Shophemi has great prices for the kits (on the expensive side for installation). HighHorsePerformance is another and also PWR in Alabama.

Have you dyno'd your current setup?

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
I did 402rwhp and 384tq. I need to find an AWD dyno probably in the spring to see what those numbers are.
Great numbers. With that 270 CompCam, going to 410 will get you an additional 65 hp with just the Cubic Inch increase. If you add a blower on top of that you are looking at other mods (Trans, rear.......)

I have the MM Custom Grind with the 6.4L intake manifold, 87mm TB, LMI and ARH Longtubes. I put down 412 on my last dyno. I am thinking of getting the ShopHemi 410 Stroker kit and calling it quits next year. Anything more and I will have to put more $$ into it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm torn about adding a stroker and blower or just a stroker kit. If I just do the stroker kit I'm doing a bigger cam and 6.1 ported intake. I really want a supercharger but I don't know if I'm ready to pony up that money

Great numbers. With that 270 CompCam, going to 410 will get you an additional 65 hp with just the Cubic Inch increase. If you add a blower on top of that you are looking at other mods (Trans, rear.......)

I have the MM Custom Grind with the 6.4L intake manifold, 87mm TB, LMI and ARH Longtubes. I put down 412 on my last dyno. I am thinking of getting the ShopHemi 410 Stroker kit and calling it quits next year. Anything more and I will have to put more $$ into it.

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
I'm torn about adding a stroker and blower or just a stroker kit. If I just do the stroker kit I'm doing a bigger cam and 6.1 ported intake. I really want a supercharger but I don't know if I'm ready to pony up that money
Seriously think about it! I just got my Charger so big mods are out of the question for now, but you have to be honest with yourself if you're going to keep the car for a long time for those mods to be worth it. You will not get your money back if you get rid of it later. Myself, I get the new car "bug" every two to three years so it remains to be seen if I can keep my Charger longer than that. It is my first brand new car so it has that going for it that others did not, and I do dream of droping that 426 hemi on it lol. I was also looking at stroker kits for mine to get it to 426, and I think they are based on the 6.1, but that is still a lot of money to put down. Good luck!

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you're torn, you could always get a smaller stroker kit. ShopHemi is good, also Inertia Motorsports sells 370, 383, 392, and 410 stroker kits. So you can, say, stroke to 383 and supercharge that

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seriously think about it! I just got my Charger so big mods are out of the question for now, but you have to be honest with yourself if you're going to keep the car for a long time for those mods to be worth it. You will not get your money back if you get rid of it later. Myself, I get the new car "bug" every two to three years so it remains to be seen if I can keep my Charger longer than that. It is my first brand new car so it has that going for it that others did not, and I do dream of droping that 426 hemi on it lol. I was also looking at stroker kits for mine to get it to 426, and I think they are based on the 6.1, but that is still a lot of money to put down. Good luck!
This will probably be my car through the thick and thin. The problem with adding so much power is it takes away all daily driver function. But I guess if you love sports cars you shouldn't really have them as a daily driver.

If you're torn, you could always get a smaller stroker kit. ShopHemi is good, also Inertia Motorsports sells 370, 383, 392, and 410 stroker kits. So you can, say, stroke to 383 and supercharge that
I'm torn because getting the 410 stroker kit will cut into my supercharger budget. Previously, I was just going to keep my current setup and run it with a supercharger but the stroker kit is very appealing and would give me get HP even if I decide later on to get rid of the supercharger.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm torn because getting the 410 stroker kit will cut into my supercharger budget. Previously, I was just going to keep my current setup and run it with a supercharger but the stroker kit is very appealing and would give me get HP even if I decide later on to get rid of the supercharger.
If I remember correctly, the smaller you stroke your engine size to, the cheaper it is.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
If I remember correctly, the smaller you stroke your engine size to, the cheaper it is.
Not any difference in price between the sizes. You are paying for a forged block. The price right now for a forged 345 is $4099 (Not sale pricing). The price for a 366, 392 or a 410 is $500 more. You pick the small block. $4599 for any of the three. When they go on sale you can knock around $500 off.

There seems to be a misperception about daily driver and HP. There are plenty of rides out there on the street as daily drivers that have over 500 rwhp. It is all about Cam selection, suspension and supporting mods that may make it not suitable for a daily driver.

If you have a 270 CompCam in a 410 stroker you will be making around 465-475 rwhp. Easy to tune and you will not have to fine adjust the tune every other month. If you add a supercharger to that you will add another 100 hp and will end up having to get the Paramount stage 2 Valve Body for the transmission. If you have the stock RT rear axles you would also have to think about upgrades. However, with those additional mods you would have a very good dependable daily driver. The only difference will be the added power that you choose to use. The ride will accelerate a lot faster but as in all mods you still adjust the acceleration with the throttle. If you are easy on the throttle the car will behave just like stock.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's very true but regardless of which size I go it will still be taking away from money I was going to designate solely for my supercharger. A stroker kit honestly hadn't even crossed my mind until my friend with a super bee said he was getting one and I started researching it a little more. Now I think its a great option pre-supercharger because it accomplishes my original goal which was to have an AWD with SRT power.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts