Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new set of black vipers, how are people cleaning the face and the insides of them?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Well I can't give you too much other than the fact that you want to make sure you get PH neutral solution. Ones that are not! ph neutral will slowly break down your metal/alloy and take the finish off of them.

So always look on the bottle.

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Just got a new set of black vipers, how are people cleaning the face and the insides of them?
He is right on the PH. Many cleaners have n-proproxy-propanol (alcohol) that attacks the metals. Some have ammonia, some have hydro-fluoric acid.

We make the QuantumBlue Neutral PH Wheel Cleaner that takes off all the brake dust, dirt, and sticky dust trails that you get on the wheels SAFELY. Just use a camel hair brush after spraying it with QB NPH and then rinse it off and towel (microfiber) it dry and it is all good.

I originally designed it for the glass surface of our wood stove. My wife tried to get the creosote off the glass with steel wool and I said I can do that chemically without damage. Sprayed it on, and off it came. I use it on my SRT8 wheels to get the brake dust off and it just runs off and takes the brown stains off as well.

Give me a call and we can talk about it.:bigthumb:

Thanks
Brian
440-821-9040

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
I've been using a 50/50 mixture of meguires ultimate wax/detail and it worked great but now I'm just using Adams waterless wash and it's just as good(if not better)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been using a 50/50 mixture of meguires ultimate wax/detail and it worked great but now I'm just using Adams waterless wash and it's just as good(if not better)
you using it on the wheels as well? the vipers are OEM painted so I didnt know if that made a difference in what I used

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He is right on the PH. Many cleaners have n-proproxy-propanol (alcohol) that attacks the metals. Some have ammonia, some have hydro-fluoric acid.

We make the QuantumBlue Neutral PH Wheel Cleaner that takes off all the brake dust, dirt, and sticky dust trails that you get on the wheels SAFELY. Just use a camel hair brush after spraying it with QB NPH and then rinse it off and towel (microfiber) it dry and it is all good.

I originally designed it for the glass surface of our wood stove. My wife tried to get the creosote off the glass with steel wool and I said I can do that chemically without damage. Sprayed it on, and off it came. I use it on my SRT8 wheels to get the brake dust off and it just runs off and takes the brown stains off as well.

Give me a call and we can talk about it.:bigthumb:

Thanks
Brian
440-821-9040
Does this apply to wheels that are painted as well? Should I still use a brush since they are painted and not metal?

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
you using it on the wheels as well? the vipers are OEM painted so I didnt know if that made a difference in what I used
My foose are painted and I've had 0 issues with them and detail spray. I do however wax them atleast 1x a month.

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Does this apply to wheels that are painted as well? Should I still use a brush since they are painted and not metal?
Yes,

That is why I suggested a camel hair or boar hair brush as it is really soft and will not in anyway scratch the surface.....painted or plastic coated. Easiest and safest way to get in all the surfaces without damage.

http://www.detailersdomain.com/uberboarshairwheelbrush.aspx

As an example for the brush......NOT the cleaner!.:beerchug:

Thanks
Brian
440-821-9040:driving:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts