Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add a Mopar CAI. I just want for the cool factor, and don't want to start the debate on performance gains.

Where is the best place to purchase?

·
Super Moderator
11,623 Posts
I want to add a Mopar CAI. I just want for the cool factor, and don't want to start the debate on performance gains.

Where is the best place to purchase?
I know the Mopar CAI loooks cool. I wanted to get one too. I called the Service Manager at the dealer that does my service, and he basically told me it would accomplish the square root of nothing. I know nothing about cars, but I figure if guy is telling me this, knowing it would kill the sale, then probably he is right.

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Come on.. no CAI performance debate here.. Is moparsupercenter the best price?

To me, this is just engine dress up.. no diff than billet covers on your washer fluid..

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Ebay....about $300 w/shipping already included..I bought mine from Ebay several months ago for $260..so, it's a hit-or-miss.......

- Mark

·
Registered
246 Posts
I 2nd wyckoff. Got mine from them, good service. For the best price they were the best at the time. You are going to have to check the current vendors price for the best current deal.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Start a thread in the sell/swap section in all the LX based vehicle forums with a wanted add for a mopar CAI.
I'm sure you can find a nice used one for less than $200.
Buy a cheap filter cleaning kit, and its practically brand new

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
ill ship mine to you for $200. it was just recharged from the dealer about 3k miles ago. i have the receipt from the recharge as well.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
ill ship mine to you for $200. it was just recharged from the dealer about 3k miles ago. i have the receipt from the recharge as well.

ding ding ding!!
There ya go

·
Super Moderator
11,623 Posts
that it would do nothing? it might not do much but it does something :)
I don't know enough to comment on it. I'm an accountant, not a mechanic. But the fact that I called up a dealer and asked them to sell me one and the Service Manager talked me out of it should tell you something.

They do look cool, though.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
I don't know enough to comment on it. I'm an accountant, not a mechanic. But the fact that I called up a dealer and asked them to sell me one and the Service Manager talked me out of it should tell you something.

They do look cool, though.
ive said this before and ill say it again, never count on your dealer to give you the correct information. dealer parts/service personnel know less than you do 80% of the time. the dealer is where all the new mech start out. they are fresh off the boat nearly all the time. trusting in their judgment is a mistake.

i would recommend finding a tuner in your area that you have heard good things about.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
ive said this before and ill say it again, never count on your dealer to give you the correct information.
x100

·
Super Moderator
11,623 Posts
dealer parts/service personnel know less than you do 80% of the time.
I find it hard to believe that ANYONE can know less about cars than I do. LOL.

But I will check into it. Maybe next summer though. Spent all my money on my vacation and a few "house mods" which I will not bore you with. :lol:

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
I find it hard to believe that ANYONE can know less about cars than I do. LOL.

But I will check into it. Maybe next summer though. Spent all my money on my vacation and a few "house mods" which I will not bore you with. :lol:

-=FLEX=-
you would def be surprised.

lol, im always interested in house mods. that is one of the major reasons i havent bought wheels...had a house mod of a new front window...$5k later, no wheels. :cry:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts