Charger Forums banner

Best POS Software?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Junkman2008 
#1 ·
Hey everyone!

I just got out of college and I'm looking to start my own auto detailing business, and I want to focus on my favorite car: the Dodge Charger.

I've been doing research online as to how to go about starting my business, and one thing that keeps popping up is having a good point-of-sale system. Does anyone have POS recommendations?

Thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
As a IT professional myself, I can tell you that you want to go with a software title THAT IS NOT PROPRIETARY. You want something that can be transported from one manufacturer to another, like from Intuit to ACT. You also want something that is heavily supported with things like inventory management, scanners and cash drawers. My suggestion is Quickbooks POS. It does so much to manage all aspects of your business, including billing. You can put it on any computer that meets the minimum system requirements and buy everything from cash drawers to scanners and use them with said computer. This keeps you from buying a proprietary piece of crap software with proprietary equipment that is completely worthless if you don't like their system or support. Intuit is a hugh company and although their support and software is a little expensive, there are guys out here like ME who can figure out any issues that you may run into at a fraction of what their support group charges. They recruit guys like me to assist them with support but they don't pay enough for me to climb under their wing, given what it would cost me to initially do so.

If you get something proprietary that someone writes for you and you have some kind of falling out with them, they can shut your software down and deny you access to your own data so NEVER buy a "POS system". Let me tell you, that sucks big time and not even a guy like me can help you when that happens. You're just screwed. I'm known around the world for what I can do to paint but in the Kentuckiana area, I'm also known for what I can do with computers. They call me, "The PC Surgeon". :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.