Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it looks like my six pack hood has been shot down by my wife. So I guess we will be getting an SRT or Daytona hood. Is there a difference?

Where could I get one for a good price?

Is the rksport hood the same? or just the "style"

I dont want a cheap hood that doesnt fit well or one that will need a ton of prep.

Any help is much appreciated.

Ohh and this is the plan for the charger.

SRT hood
MoPower chin spoiler (body color)
SRT wing (body color)
and lose the stock 18 in favor of some chrome 20's.

·
Registered
555 Posts
The SRT hood has a functional scoop and the Daytona is just a regular hood. I'm going with a Ram Air hood which has a more aggressive scoop than the SRT one.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
best place to get an srt8 hood is carbonbydesign, they are a supporting vendor here and have very well made products. I have heard nothing but good things about them

PS with the mods you listed you want, your ride will be lookin good. Every thought about the viper replica wheels?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
best place to get an srt8 hood is carbonbydesign, they are a supporting vendor here and have very well made products. I have heard nothing but good things about them

PS with the mods you listed you want, your ride will be lookin good. Every thought about the viper replica wheels?
Yeah it looks like carbonbydesign has a srt hood in fiberglass for $600 and free shipping. That seems real good.

As far as the Viper wheels? like on the SRT10? From what I have found they dont make them in the AWD offset.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Yeah it looks like carbonbydesign has a srt hood in fiberglass for $600 and free shipping. That seems real good.

As far as the Viper wheels? like on the SRT10? From what I have found they dont make them in the AWD offset.
oh yeah, I forgot about that. that sucks. I'm sure you'll find the perfect set of wheels though :rockon:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Honestly this charger is too plain for me right now ... I drove this for 3 years.

and that plate will be on the charger when I register it.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Honestly this charger is too plain for me right now ... I drove this for 3 years.

and that plate will be on the charger when I register it.

thats a nice truck. I saw a dark titanium on the road the other day. It was the first time I had seen one in person. Look clean though.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have the RKSport hood. It is lower profile and less aggressive looking than the SRT or similar hoods. Some have complained about fit issues with the RKSport hood, but I experience only a slight fit issue with the hood latch. An extra 2 minutes on the latch and everything was fine. Fit on the front sides and cowl area were dead on. I had superior service with RKSport from shipping to installation and have been greatly satisfied with it. Hope this helps on the RKSport issue. Good luck with your decision.

TBYDaytona40 has the RKSport on his sweet ride and so do a few others. Im sure he'll post on this thread soon as he too is pro RKSport hood. I saw his and fell in love with the RKSport style ram air hood.

·
Registered
619 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Were you going to make your own 6-pack hood for your Charger? I like the one on your Ram.

No a company in Ca. is making them .. but she doesnt like it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
907 Posts
I would like to see a vendor on here do another group buy around the end February time frame.

I think by then there should be alot of people ready to buy..

I especially would like to see the group buy/special priceing on the Trufiber again.. i think it was around $4XX.XX or something before...

I'll be buying it if it does .......

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah a group buy would be great. All I need is to have the hood before spring.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
268 Posts
Options

Have you considered doing a shaker setup? Mopower/Danko is just finishing up a groupbuy.

IMG]http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee281/ICEchargerRT/ICEshakerlxpost-1.jpg[/IMG]

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Have you considered doing a shaker setup? Mopower/Danko is just finishing up a groupbuy.

IMG]http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee281/ICEchargerRT/ICEshakerlxpost-1.jpg[/IMG]
Wife shot the shaker down real fast.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sooooo which vendor wants to step up and offer a group buy??

1 - 20 of 25 Posts