Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a custom tune on my 08 Superbee. Who in Michigan does a good job with our MOPARs?

·
Registered
122 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
FNDELTA where are you located in Michigan? I'm in Flat Rock just south of Metro airport.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Haven't been to either place, but you can investigate

Michigan Hemi performance

Livernoise motorsports (they have some good Dyno pulls on Youtube)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Im subscribeing.. lookin for the same thing... i am near flint but willing to drive just about n e where in Michigan for a good tune!

·
Registered
122 Posts
FNDELTA where are you located in Michigan? I'm in Flat Rock just south of Metro airport.
I live in Grosse Pointe.

Yea, The time hasn't come for a custom tune, but i am sure with a few more additions it could prove fruitful. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Subscribed. Wanted to know about performance shops for HEMI's myself. Are there any places near Livonia?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Id like to get in on this thread also, I'm interested in getting a custome tune, I looked at b&g's website, looked good!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I wouldn't suggest Livernois to my worst enemy. I was on a race team and we had some custom work done by them and it was terrible. Major pitting in the welds on the heads, port job was bad, etc. Although I'm sure plenty of people have had a positive experience with them, just my $0.02 from my experience with them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I. called up b&g today to get a price on making a custom tune for my car with the predator, they told me 300, and it didn't need to go on the dyno. What do you guys think about that, it seems kinda expensive to me, since the whole predator was only 375.00. How much should something like this run, or is that a normal price?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I. called up b&g today to get a price on making a custom tune for my car with the predator, they told me 300, and it didn't need to go on the dyno. What do you guys think about that, it seems kinda expensive to me, since the whole predator was only 375.00. How much should something like this run, or is that a normal price?
From what i know(very little) 300 would be a good price for a custom tune. The fact that they are not using a dyno......that confuses me......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try Stenod Racing in Troy Mi,they tuned my R/T and it turned out great.I just recently traded that in and got a SRT. They are tuning this on monday and can't wait.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Let me know what you think when they are done. I want to get my SRT tuned and am curious how big a difference it will make.

·
Registered
66 Posts
When you had a tune done on your r/t, did they set your car up on a dyno and do runs?How much did it end up costing you to get a custom tune, and was it on the predator? The shop I called said they didn't need to set it up on the dyno, but I don't understand how they would tune it, and without a dyno sheet showing numbers, how would I know if they really did anything at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes they put it on the dyno(Mustang Dyno and made about 7 or 8 pulls with a diablosport.It was a night and day difference well worth the $500(price including the diablosport) made 45hp more with CAI and catback.It doesn't make since that they wouldn't put it on the dyno unless they are street stuning it with a laptop.

·
Registered
66 Posts
That's really not bad at all, 500 for predator and custom tune... I already have the predaotr, I just need a custom tune done, so it shpuld be cheaper.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow I didn't think there was so many people from michigan on this forum, how come we don't ever have any meets?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Wow I didn't think there was so many people from michigan on this forum, how come we don't ever have any meets?
I have no idea why not... maybe it just took a post like this to get us all on the same page. :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts