Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im going to do an oil change today and im wondering what really is the best oil? is royal purple as good as people say ? does it really add "power"? cause im thinking about doing it but im not going to bother if its not worth 9 dollars a bottle.. and what oil filter should i get if i do it?

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
well im going to do an oil change today and im wondering what really is the best oil? is royal purple as good as people say ? does it really add "power"? cause im thinking about doing it but im not going to bother if its not worth 9 dollars a bottle.. and what oil filter should i get if i do it?
It is worth the extra time to have a custom blended QuantumBlue oil that will be good for 10K miles, protect your engine much better than anything you can buy off the shelf, and use our QuantumBlue Oil filters designed for long interval use and great filtration without bypassing over the filtered dirt that can be carried back into your engine.

Remember that mineral based oils (conventional types) are relatively poor on pumpability, wearability, and oxidation stability while having up to 35% volatility....11.7 oz of the 32 oz quart is solvent!! This solvent is reactive and ends up changing states of matter causing it to vaporize and go out your pcv valve. The synthetics are better but are still at a 15% volatility so 5 oz of 32 oz is still reactive and ends up in your catch can or out the PCV Valve and is aggressive on seals and they tend to drop their additive packages.

Our QuantumBlue is 1.5% reactive maximum or .48 of 1 oz so 15 ml so virtually completely stable allowing it to stay liquid in your engine while protecting the seals, additive packages and giving you maximum pumpability, wearability, and oxidation stable under extreme temperatures and pressures. There really is no equal! :beerchug:

Thanks
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040

·
Registered
180 Posts
My car seams to be happiest with conventional Valvoline and a mopar filter

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so how much is 5 quarts for my car? never heard of ur product idk what it does if it add n e power nothing.. so please gimme details and ill make my decision if not to get from u ..

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
ok so how much is 5 quarts for my car? never heard of ur product idk what it does if it add n e power nothing.. so please gimme details and ill make my decision if not to get from u ..
NYCZ,

In our 6.1L Hemi, the ACES IV and the QuantumBlue picked up 19 hp and 31 ftlbs of torque. The 5.7L engines with ACES IV and QuantumBlue Picked up 10-12 hp. We have not dynoed a 3.5 or 2.7 but based on linearity they would pick up about 8 and about 6 repectively.

We would make you 2 gallons of 7.5w23 QuantumBlue High Performance Competition Formula 5.7L MDS Hemi Blend. You need 7 quarts for a 5.7L R/T and 1 quart of top off during your 10K drain interval.

100.48 for 8 quarts (2 gallons), 10.35 for the QuantumBlue Ultra High Performance Filter part # 27355761-34 as I am assuming your R/T is 2006, 2007 or 27355761-22 if 2008-2009. Adding the ACES IV for the gasoline would be 62.96 per quart which will treat 13 tanks of 15 gallon fuel.

Give me a call if you wish and we can discuss further.:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
If you really care you will find more support and backing for bnd over any other oil, by the members of the forum. You can research everything in the world, from whoever on the net posts their opinion. Or you can believe what probably 80% of the forum members that really run their cars use.
If you'll remember about 2 years ago on this forum, the person who ran the fastest time on here in a stock car in average altitude, was running bnd products, and noone was anywhere close to his times, stock

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I read the posts Brian posted awhile ago and The Quantum Blue seems impressive, I'm going to try it next year when I actually bring my car out to drive! I've heard Royal Purple is a good product also but for an extra dollar a quart I'd support our vendor?!

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
I read the posts Brian posted awhile ago and The Quantum Blue seems impressive, I'm going to try it next year when I actually bring my car out to drive! I've heard Royal Purple is a good product also but for an extra dollar a quart I'd support our vendor?!
Lovin' it,

You are welcome whenever you are ready. Glad to have the support. It helps us stay here and support the forums, and it allows us the extra capital to bring out new and better products for the betterment of all who come here.

Every person who comes our way only helps themselves and everyone else here.:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Lovin' it,

You are welcome whenever you are ready. Glad to have the support. It helps us stay here and support the forums, and it allows us the extra capital to bring out new and better products for the betterment of all who come here.

Every person who comes our way only helps themselves and everyone else here.:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
Brian, I do agree!:beerchug:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Amsoil!!!!

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Brian is awesome!

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Hey Brian, sorry for the jack, when ya gonna do somethin with the site......:rolleyes2::):cowsmile:
:biggrinjester:

Oh and I run BND......awesome!!!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I only use QB custom lubricants....they really are worth it. It will be cheaper in the long run....

·
Registered
677 Posts
I don't know what is best but I have tried several different types in my race car. Each saying they are the best each say they add x amount of power Until I see improvements in E.T. they are just snake oils If I run x.x on dyno oil after spending 300$ on brand x synthetic lubricants I should see an improvement! until then they are just snake oil !!!!All I ask is a noticeable difference

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
If you change your oil every 3K or 6 months, really any quality oil (at the right weight) and quality filter will be fine.

I have had good luck with Pennzoil Platinum 5w-20 and Wix filters.

I sent Blackstones Labs an used oil sample after my last 10,000 mile run. Here is what they said.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Zillions of posts on this topic. The cap on my engine says Mobil 1. That's all I've ever put into her. That's what the engineers designed her for. Do that and you can't go wrong.
I've put Mobil 1 into my last 4 cars and had no engine lube related issues whatsoever. Do not downgrade or go cheap on this issue. 'upscale' oil might make a difference, but I'll never know.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Zillions of posts on this topic. The cap on my engine says Mobil 1. That's all I've ever put into her. That's what the engineers designed her for.
Engineers didn't design it "for" Mobil1. Dodge just had a contract with Mobil1, which hasn't been renewed. Just like you car probably came with Goodyear tires, but that doesn't mean the car was designed to use only those tires and using anything else would be a compromise.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts