Charger Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, so here's the thing. Got the 5.7, and I am leaning towards an HHP stage 2 or 3 set up within the year or so. I need some LT's and I am asking forum members (and vendors) for what header they consider the best in terms of 1/4 mile times. If you have headers and have time slips, this is a call to arms for you! I want to solicit every informed opinion out there. By the way, sound isnt something I am taking into consideration, as I plan to have dmh e cutouts on before I go divinginto the engine. Thanks

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
This is with SLP LTs, SLP LM1 catbacks, AFE Stage II & Flashpaq on a 70 degree night.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ok, so here's the thing. Got the 5.7, and I am leaning towards an HHP stage 2 or 3 set up within the year or so. I need some LT's and I am asking forum members (and vendors) for what header they consider the best in terms of 1/4 mile times. If you have headers and have time slips, this is a call to arms for you! I want to solicit every informed opinion out there. By the way, sound isnt something I am taking into consideration, as I plan to have dmh e cutouts on before I go divinginto the engine. Thanks
I want the Stage 3, too. Wow, are we sliding down a slippery slope with a Stage 3 setup.......is there anything posted anywhere that says we can pass smog in Nevada with a Stage 3???? And who is going to do it? Shipping the car to Delaware is not cool....

and your wife (we met her) would get with my wife (you two met her) and hunt us down and kill us both if we do this, and then couldnt pass smog. We would have to move to Arkansas or something.

But regardless....as you know, last July we had Moparbust put the Mopar LT's, and then had performance Muffler do the Flowmasters.

No time slips....too hot outside for the track, bro. But the car is fast as hell....

METGO, and his 13.8 looks really good. AWESOME.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only thing we need to worry about is a CEL coming up, and since my store is the primary parts supplier for about 20 different shops which perform Smog tests, thats covered. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
14.10's with just Superchips Performance tune 94 octane. Mopar CAI. on a 80degree evening at Milan Speedway Milan,Michigan. Not to mention the 2 bald back tires :)

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I have Dynatech LT, high flow cats, Bassani exhaust and a 180 Tstat.
I wish I could figure out how to get a better 60' time I know I can get 13.68
It was the GTO's first track visit.

·
Registered
46 Posts
They are stock

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
The only thing we need to worry about is a CEL coming up, and since my store is the primary parts supplier for about 20 different shops which perform Smog tests, thats covered. :)
Diablo should fix any CELs

·
Registered
693 Posts
Mopar LT headers cats are as good as any & do not throw codes.

Check my times in my sig. That is W/ 28" drag radials, the only 5.7s (3 of them @ this time) posting better times are on 26" & smaller drag radials. I am also running full seats W/no lightening other than a partial tank of gas & removing the spare/jack.

I haven't gotten my launch down since installing the Crane 216 cam but I turned a 12.979 W/the stock cam.

There's a 12.5 in this car W/ a few tweeks.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
what all did you have done to your car before the new cam when you scored the 12.979?

·
Registered
693 Posts
what all did you have done to your car before the new cam when you scored the 12.979?
Geesh I just went through all that W/TBYDatona40 in a PM!

Hang on, I forward it to ya.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Gotcha! :silenced:

·
Registered
928 Posts
Ill take one too =D

i gotta improve my times, 14.3 just doesnt cut it, though im getting some mad wheel spin (2.1-2.3 60' are killers)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts