Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

I want to add leather seats to my Charger but I don't know who to go with. Any recommendations?

I've heard and read good things about Katzkin.

Does anyone have much experience with Katzkin? What's the quality like? Would you suggest going with a different product?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Katskin FTW. Used them to put leather in my 13 R/T and it was fantastic. Fit was perfect and it looked brand new 3 years later when I traded it in.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
My Wife's Ralley has Katzkin covers and they are as good as the factory leather ones in my car.. they even have purple leather inserts to go with the plum crazy paint. You cannot go wrong with Katzkin as long as you have a good installer (they recommend who to take it to, check out their website.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow tho
My Wife's Ralley has Katzkin covers and they are as good as the factory leather ones in my car.. they even have purple leather inserts to go with the plum crazy paint. You cannot go wrong with Katzkin as long as you have a good installer (they recommend who to take it to, check out their website.
Wow those look awesome!

Where do I find an installer on the Katzkin website? I saw their charger page: Dodge Charger Leather Seats | Interiors | Seat Covers | Katzkin

Do I just pick seats and they tell me where to go?

·
Premium Member
2,900 Posts
Wow tho

Wow those look awesome!

Where do I find an installer on the Katzkin website? I saw their charger page: Dodge Charger Leather Seats | Interiors | Seat Covers | Katzkin

Do I just pick seats and they tell me where to go?
Not sure about your area, but the Dodge dealerships in my area recommend the places to get Katzkin leather installed. It used to be a MOPAR parts numbers also for these leather seats.

When you get online with Katzkin, enter your vehicle and build your seats at the end towards checkout are places they recommend for install.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I forgot to add that the wife's Rallye kit also came with leather for the door inserts to replace the cloth. They had to drill out all the melted plastic welds and replace them with screws to do it. The seats were already heated so I can't help with the Katzkin heaters.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I forgot to add that the wife's Rallye kit also came with leather for the door inserts to replace the cloth. They had to drill out all the melted plastic welds and replace them with screws to do it. The seats were already heated so I can't help with the Katzkin heaters.
No worries. Thanks for the help and information. Those seats look awesome!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I went with the Chrysler 300 leather seats. Maybe not awesome, but they feel great and are inexpensive. Easy swap. So, they may not be the "Best" leather seats, but, for short money, they are the best choice for leather seats.

Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
700 Posts
I went with the Chrysler 300 leather seats. Maybe not awesome, but they feel great and are inexpensive. Easy swap. So, they may not be the "Best" leather seats, but, for short money, they are the best choice for leather seats.

Greg
Those look good.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I went on car-part.com and found them locally. The fronts ran me $75 each from one yard and the rear was $150 from another yard. I also checked on Charger leather seats but found that the Chrysler 300 items were more available and cheaper. They came with heat and full power, but I couldn't use those options in my Pursuit so I had to swap the front skins on my Pursuit frames. No power or heat. However, if you look under YOUR seats and see a yellow AND a big grey connector, you should be good to go. Straight swap. Katzkin's are listed at almost $1900. That was out of my budget. So, for short money, the Chrysler's worked best for me.

Greg

·
Registered
152 Posts
I stuck with the generation. My car is a 2019 Pursuit so I only looked for 2015-2019 Chrysler seats. Sticking with the generation makes it a snap. My fronts came out of a 2015 300S and the rear came out of a 2016 300S. Turned out, they were EXACTLY the same shade and design.

Greg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Greg
I think they look great!

·
Registered
152 Posts
So.... With alla that money you saved, can you spare a fella enough for a cold beer? :)

Word of warning though. If you go the boneyard route to get the seats, check them out in person. I saw more than a few covered in broken windshield glass, mud, you name it. That covers little rips and tears and I'm sure you don't want that. Some had been rained and snowed on. Boneyards aren't to kind to interiors. One last thing. If you get the seats out of a car that's taken a hard frontal hit, assume you'll be swapping the seat belt clasp on the seat. Those collapse on impact and if not replaced, you'll be doing the "airbag light boogie'.

Greg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone.

I want to add leather seats to my Charger but I don't know who to go with. Any recommendations?

I've heard and read good things about Katzkin.

Does anyone have much experience with Katzkin? What's the quality like? Would you suggest going with a different product?
I have the Katskin in my Ram and am very satisfied. They are 5 yrs old and holding up well. They look good as well.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I got the Laguna sepia (camel brown) leather seats in my 16 SRT392 and have been very happy with them, though my car only has low 20s on the odometer.

Relatedly, my wife's 16 SXT AWD has black leather seats (NOT as nice as the Laguna in the SRT) and soft plastic door panels which are coming loose from the white foam backing on the front doors at the bottom of the window (when it's up). Dodge does NOT want to warranty them. They did warranty four wheels with flaking chrome. Any suggestions on the lack of warranty ($600 for the driver door and $100 for the passenger door plus labor (est 1.5-2.0 hours) and that's my discounted panel price) or home garage fixes. About 50,000 on her odometer, though this problem is now about six months old.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts