Charger Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum, hello everyone! don't really know much about performance parts but I'm eager to learn, I'm picking up my charger srt-8 tonight, I showed my wife some videos on-line and I probably shouldn't have becasue we're going to fight over the keys now, anyway.

I wanted to know what peoples opinions are on the best intake to purchase, I want the one with the best sound, Thanks.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
AFE Stage 2.
Period.
Get in touch with the forum vendor Souther Hotrod. If you call them(yes call.. with a phone) they will give you the best deal(and this applies to all vendors.. use a phone). Hotrod has the hookup price on the AFE.

do it.

the dude

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Wait a mintue there have been several posts about this, bottom line just pick one its not like its going to be night and day difference or a huge horsepower gain just get the one that YOU like the most. In my opinion I would just buy a tuner with the money instead you will get better HP and all around performance gains with there tunes oh and get a Diablo I don't have one yet but thats the one that I am going to get.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry didn't mean to double post, guess I should've looked around first, Thanks for your response guys

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
No problem but what I was trying to get at is everyone has a different opinion so it really won't get you anywhere so just pic a color or look that you want.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
A biggie for me was sound, K&N is quieter than some, before I had exhaust I didn't want to hear my intake over my car, lol.

·
Registered
8,993 Posts
I just installed the AFE Stage 2 last night on mine. I can't say that I hear anything at all from it...? Does seem a bit more peppy, though. :D

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Wait a mintue there have been several posts about this, bottom line just pick one its not like its going to be night and day difference or a huge horsepower gain just get the one that YOU like the most.
I agree. Most people say AFE Stage II will gain the most power, but if that is true, it is only 1 or 2 hp, nothing to get excited about. One thing else you might to look at is how hard the installation is. AFE is kinda tricky because it is easy to brake the sensor. Although, I do love my AFE :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm new to this forum, hello everyone! don't really know much about performance parts but I'm eager to learn, I'm picking up my charger srt-8 tonight, I showed my wife some videos on-line and I probably shouldn't have becasue we're going to fight over the keys now, anyway.

I wanted to know what peoples opinions are on the best intake to purchase, I want the one with the best sound, Thanks.
Give me a call! I'll hook you up! :)

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
A biggie for me was sound, K&N is quieter than some, before I had exhaust I didn't want to hear my intake over my car, lol.

And you never hear an intake over an exhaust at least not an aftermarket one. It would actually be pretty sad if you heard your intake if you installed an aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
740 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
And you never hear an intake over an exhaust at least not an aftermarket one. It would actually be pretty sad if you heard your intake if you installed an aftermarket exhaust.
I disagree. I have Magnaflow cats and catback and the intake is equally as loud on the inside at WOT. Outside, different story.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
This question gets asked once a week (2x this week?).

Get the intake you like the looks of and can afford. Any hp advantage claims vs. other intakes are pure BS, only tested on the dyno, which means nothing. They are probably within 1-3 hp of each other, if that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
i have the mopar cai... it sounds great and is very simlpe to install... but if i had a srt, i would get a air raid complete cai... which connects to ur hood scoop

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
At partial throttle I can hear my intake over my exhaust.

·
Registered
536 Posts
ok people I was just looking and reading all the great info posted up. I have an 06 RT but has the SRT hood. looking at airaid intake but the one for the SRT 6.1 because of my hood. This will work right? Any info on this is great. Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
ok people I was just looking and reading all the great info posted up. I have an 06 RT but has the SRT hood. looking at airaid intake but the one for the SRT 6.1 because of my hood. This will work right? Any info on this is great. Thank you
I dont see why it wouldnt work...

·
Registered
536 Posts
man that looks trick! I will be buying the airaid setup....thanks for the pictures makes me feel alot better! did you have any problems with the install?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts