Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 R/T with the Road and Track package electronic package ETC.. I am really only missing a hood scoop. It's a black charger and I want to eventually add a turbo or a super too. What is the best hood that can allow me to do that? Thanks :alfdance:

· Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Its really up to you. I LOVE my shaker but the downside is it takes up the entire engine bay so Im about to switch to a VFN scatpack hood. I want my charger to be a daily driven show car and I need to move a few mods around to pull it off.

· Registered
461 Posts

· Registered
461 Posts
Best Choice Still

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, all. I'm going to go ahead and place an order for a custom hood, I'll see how it goes. I'll be posting pictures as I go along.

· Registered
2,311 Posts
I kinda like this one................................

· Registered
667 Posts
Almost all of the FI systems for these cars will fit under the stock hood, scoop on no. There is like one extreme exception that I have seen on 300, and you wouldnt be putting that thing on without some serious motor work unless you never planned on actualy starting it up.

Best in this case is pretty objective. Most of the hoods that are functional route air over the airbox area. One of the types of RAMAIR hoods uses a airbox that sits atop the motor and mates with the hood. The OEM srt hoods route air into the engine bay, but can be hooked up with a certain CAI to provide a sort of ram air effect. There are really no hoods that will simple mate up with any of the SC systems without some fab.

Do you want perfect fit & finish and dont mind shelling out the cash or camping out on the web in search of used one? SRT hood is the way to go.

Other then that its just a matter of personal preferance. I'll just represent a shaker here for your perusal. I love mine and wouldnt want anything else in place of it. A Vortech SC will fit under it with some cutting.

· Registered
5,226 Posts
I lilke the VFN Cuda hood. Very aggressive looking, easy to work with and paint. And I think affordable. plenty of room on the underdside.

Mark, Did the VFN hood need alot of prep like I've read about some( like $400 worth?) and how is the fit(looks good?)

I like the looks and have been waiting too long for a SRT on to show up on here.:)

· Registered
5,226 Posts
My paint guy said it was the best glass hood he's ever worked on. Total prep and paint cost was $500 and my buddy did the ghosting/spears.
excellent, Thanks for the info!:bigthumb:

Those spears are nice!

· Registered
1,216 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.